5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Impreza, 5speed, 2.5" lift, Nameless 5" muffler and some falken wildpeaks.
42 Posts
How much did it cost to install it? That is, if you didn't install it yourself... I was quoted $1821 for instillation + alignment on the same kit (kit not included in that $1821 price).
What a rip off. Takes 6 hours max labour and alignment. I installed mine myself. Find a different shop. Install should be under 1k.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
485 Posts
How much did it cost to install it? That is, if you didn't install it yourself... I was quoted $1821 for instillation + alignment on the same kit (kit not included in that $1821 price).
lmao @ that cost. I paid $550+tax for the lift on black friday.

I installed it myself. I'm a computer dude with zero mechanical training. There's youtube videos available for crosstrek lifts that explain everything. Alignment cost $150 at dealer, precisely zero correction was done to the rear wheels, which leads me to surmise that a $30 alignment would have worked just as well. Some bolts are very long so do yourself a favor and get an electric ratchet or you'll be ratcheting forever.

Details in this thread:

·
Registered
-21 impreza limited. ADF Lift, 255/55-17 wildpeak trail
28 Posts
Here's my replacement I purchased (I originally had a '19 Crosstrek with a 5-speed manual, but rolled it down the mountain, like 6 times and I totaled it). This here is a used 2018 Impreza base model in Lapis Blue.
I prefer this car way way more than the Crosstrek I wrecked. The Imp is definitely better in the mountains here in WV. The CVT allows the car to maintain momentum up steep mountains. The car seems slightly faster off the line compared to the Crosstrek I wrecked.
I installed Anderson Design Fabrications standard 1.5" lift front / 1 7/8" rear. Easy-peasy job.
MSW Type 22T (15 x 6) + Geolandars A/T's ( 215 / 70/ / 15 )
My Imp no longer looks like another dorky grocery getter.
I also got a nameless performance strut bar. I'll post pic when / if I can find it.
***Anyone know if it is possible to get some stabilizer bars for the base-model Impreza? It doesn't seem too agile on these steep sharp curvy mountain roads. View attachment 24405
what was the ding to the gas milage with the new tires and wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The mounting points are exactly the same on the Impreza as they are on the Crosstrek. It comes with a bar on the bottom that bolts into the frame and has two pieces that come out the front to support the bottom of the skid plate and feel very sturdy. The top mounts are creative but a little on the flimsy side since the brackets that it bolts to are flat and when I use the skid plate as a skid plate it will move the top slightly and bend the flat pieces. I'm trying to come up with a more secure mounting solution to replace the one that came with the bar. The movement from the top mounts broke pieces off of the grill so I'm just running it without one for now.
Pardon the wiring mess, I'll attempt to tidy it up when I swap out my front bumper cover.
View attachment 25005
View attachment 25006 View attachment 25007 View attachment 25008 View attachment 25009 View attachment 25010
Which year of that model you had in the picture did you get?
was it the right one?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Which year of that model you had in the picture did you get?
was it the right one?
2018+ crosstrkes are like 2017+ imprezas. What you linked is previous gen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2018+ crosstrkes are like 2017+ imprezas. What you linked is previous gen.
this one should be the correct one right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire Car

Has anyone done a Rocker Panel Guards on their Impreza? if yes, please share the experience

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have a link to that lift? I can't seem to find it.
Was about to lower it on 18s, but changed my mind last minute with no regrets.

-Subieliftoz lift kit 2in front 2.5in rear to compensate for the saggy butt.
-16x7 Bronze Sparco Terra wheels wrapped in 215/65/16 BFG K02s.
-25mm wheel spacers.
-Rally Innovations ultimate light bar for the Crosstrek.
-Nameless Performance quad exit exhaust.
-Lihht bar mount off Amazon meant for a 16+ Tacoma, perfect fit. Drilled holes in the stock roof bars and used rivnuts so that it can all be removed.
-Much more to come!

View attachment 24731 View attachment 24732 View attachment 24733 View attachment 24734 View attachment 24735 View attachment 24736

·
Registered
485 Posts
Felt cute idk might delete later

Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
485 Posts
is the the rally inno bar?
did you use the top lights as mounting bolts?

looks more hot than cute don’t delete
SSD Roof Racks with Yakina Round Bars with Thule Snowboard Thing with Inno INA261 40-inch (got a $60 used one)

Not sure what you're asking abou top lights so look at this picture

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior

Reactions: gratefulpedaler

·
Registered
-21 impreza limited. ADF Lift, 255/55-17 wildpeak trail
28 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

couple of photos of the Inno roof box.
fits my 187 powder skis, a bit noisy but less than some.
great fit for this small car and i think it looks slick.
use thule AeroBlade cross bars to get it as low as possible.
hard to say what it does to the milage as i have 225/55 r17 wheels on it now.
but it still did over 300 miles on 12 gallons which is a hell of a lot better than 36 gallons in my tundra.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts