5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Cool, i do really like your setup, but till today how is it handling, did you have to do modifications or arrangements for ride quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ride quality is the same as before the lift was added. The car just sits higher on the original suspension. The new increased ground clearance is satisfying to drive with every day. I have no regrets.

· Registered
335 Posts
Question I was literally about to push the buy button on a similar set up curious if you think 215/65 is the biggest you could go or could you get 215/70 on there with no rubbing? Also did you need spacers to make it not rub or did you just add them just cuz. Your car looks rad love it
Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. It's definitely been a labor of love and frustration at the same time. Running the 2 inch spacers actually makes it worse as far as tire clearance. I ended up having to take a hammer to the rear inside of the fender towards the bottom to stop it from rubbing, and that's with a 2-in lift. I can't speak to clearance towards the front bumper side since I chopped it up.
When I was running these tires at stock height I had zero issue with clearance and no rubbing either. With a lift I don't think you'll have any issues. Looks like you won't even be adding a half an inch in height to the tire.
I picked up some Crosstrek struts and springs that I plan on putting on after a get a few more supporting parts. After that I'll be attempting to run 29 in tires and see how that goes. I'll see if I can find pictures of my hammer work.

· Registered
18 Posts
It seemed like the Owners Of Lifted Imprezas (OOLI) needed a photo thread since there are a growing number of us on the site.

This is my 2017 base model with ADF 1.5" lift kit and an extra 0.5" of lift from changing to 205/60-16 tires. It doesn't really see offroad use, but the extra clearance is nice for pot holes, road debris, steep driveway enterance angles, etc. It also has the Primitive 'squirrel deflector' skid plate up front. A local spontaneously volunteered to test it (doink) and it did a fine job deflecting.

are those wheels stock ones or aftermarket? (I would say aftermarket but one never knows)

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·

· Registered
3 Posts
205/60-16
It seemed like the Owners Of Lifted Imprezas (OOLI) needed a photo thread since there are a growing number of us on the site.

This is my 2017 base model with ADF 1.5" lift kit and an extra 0.5" of lift from changing to 205/60-16 tires. It doesn't really see offroad use, but the extra clearance is nice for pot holes, road debris, steep driveway enterance angles, etc. It also has the Primitive 'squirrel deflector' skid plate up front. A local spontaneously volunteered to test it (doink) and it did a fine job deflecting.

How did this effect your gas milage?

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
No noticeable change

· Registered
30 Posts
Hi all,
I want to install an ADF lift on my 19 sport 5mt. I don't feel at all comfortable doing this myself, and I don't trust the local shops. Any chance someone in upstate NY did this mod and wouldn't mind installing one for me (I'd pay for their time, obviously.
TIA

· Registered
3 Posts
So is the consensus to go with ADF 1.5” or the RalliTEK 2”? I’m thinking I’ll likely stick with stock size wheels (205/55/16). Or maybe pick up some method or OZ rally wheels. 🤷‍♂️

· Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
797 Posts
So is the consensus to go with ADF 1.5” or the RalliTEK 2”? I’m thinking I’ll likely stick with stock size wheels (205/55/16). Or maybe pick up some method or OZ rally wheels. 🤷‍♂️
I've been rolling with the rallitek for almost two years now. Upon initial research comparing what multiple companies offered:
  • Rallitek is superior in presentation of materials (colored and branded).
  • It comes in a complete package, including extended and colored rail hangars.
  • It has two configurations for users with sway bar and without sway bar.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts