5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am from Canada and will be picking up an impreza tonight!

Too excited which is why I posted here.

White
Manual
Hatchback

Thanks!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Congrats you will enjoy.
Which model did you get ?
Mine is the h/b with the paddle shift.
In Ont. Canada Its called the touring package .
In the USA I believe it's the premium package.

·
Registered
38 Posts
welcome and congrats!

dang you got stick?! that's awesome, my dealership said that the waitlist for manual was long/ they didn't have it coming in for a while. (I'm from the Victoria, BC)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! They had it in the dealership in stock when I went to take a look.

I guess I was lucky it was manual.

I'm from Calgary, AB.

Its only the base model. The manual only comes on the sport, or base.
Limited, touring, or sport tech are all CVT I think.

Not a lot of options if you want stick.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think its safe to say we're lucky to have anything manual these days due to all the phasing out thats happening. Next generation Impreza likely wont have it. Maybe this will inspire some of you to enjoy your manuals more ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
I was surprised that Subaru still has so many models with manual trans. They are definitely rare.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I am definitely enjoying the car!

Added a couple things:
HID headlights,
LED license plate lights,
General Altimax Arctic tires on steelies (was still snowing when i picked up the car).
tsw hockenheim 16x7.5 et 30 for summers (sits pretty flush).

I really want to do more but nothing is available yet. I'll have to be patient lol.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes I am definitely enjoying the car!

Added a couple things:
HID headlights,
LED license plate lights,
General Altimax Arctic tires on steelies (was still snowing when i picked up the car).
tsw hockenheim 16x7.5 et 30 for summers (sits pretty flush).

I really want to do more but nothing is available yet. I'll have to be patient lol.
We are all waiting very patiently for some aftermarket parts to be released. The HID headlights you added was this a HID conversion kit?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think its safe to say we're lucky to have anything manual these days due to all the phasing out thats happening. Next generation Impreza likely wont have it. Maybe this will inspire some of you to enjoy your manuals more
I wanted to get mine with the manual tranny but the dealer did not have any unless it was base and said there were only 3 manual sport trims in the state. I'm in NH. Needless to say I took the CVT as I can't wait no 30 days plus. Though I probably should have...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The headlights were HID kit with 35w ballasts and 6k H11 bulbs.

I did not add projectors on the housing like I did with my old civic SI. Too much work and did not want to bake the new headlights.

I did have an automatic lexus is250awd for 3 years. The automatic transmission was the only thing that bothered me about that car. It was a great transmission but i love manuals too much.

I don't think there is too much difference between the base and other models other then maybe missing a rear sway bar and sport tuned suspension. I was planning to do suspension mods later on (not too low, just for better handling mostly, still a subaru haha) so it did not bother me too much. Needing it to be a manual was priority for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts