5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the black cladding looks awesome on the Crosstreks. I thought I'd plastidip the side skirts black to break up some of that blue. Curious to see if anyone else has done it?
IMG_3421.jpeg

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've been wanting to do it to mine for the quasi Crosstrek look and a little extra protection. That gave me an idea to just do a quick edit in Photoshop of our cars. I like it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's awesome. Today will be too hot, I'll tackle it tomorrow.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
2,081 Posts
Not a fan, visually the car looks better when it looks "deeper" if you know what I mean. The black makes it look like a negative area almost like the underside of the car.

So that is a negative for me Ghostrider. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not a fan, visually the car looks better when it looks "deeper" if you know what I mean. The black makes it look like a negative area almost like the underside of the car.

So that is a negative for me Ghostrider. ;)
I believe the question went more along the lines of..."Curious to see if anyone has done it??" NOT "Curious to know your opinion??":unsure:

·
Registered
61 Posts
If it's in the budget, You can purchase side skirts from Subaru for roughly $65/side. (They come unpainted) PlastiDip/vinyl wrap those instead. If you don't like, you will still have painted ones to slap back on and it'd probably be cheaper than trying to repaint a skirt that has been plastidipped in the event that you don't like it. Just a thought...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it's in the budget, You can purchase side skirts from Subaru for roughly $65/side. (They come unpainted) PlastiDip/vinyl wrap those instead. If you don't like, you will still have painted ones to slap back on and it'd probably be cheaper than trying to repaint a skirt that has been plastidipped in the event that you don't like it. Just a thought...
That's not a bad idea. Because I know that even with the mud flaps, that part of the car takes a lot of abuse from road debris. You can peel off plastidip after time. I know it can take a lot of punishment. I used it on the back of my Jeep about 5 years ago and it still looks great. But yeah, a back up set... I like that idea. Thanks.

They must be the easiest thing to change out too, 6 simple plastic doohickeys.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A second set is a great idea. And yeah they're really easy to remove and put on. I think I did so when I was putting on the mudflaps for some reason.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts