5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here is my 17 Sport 5spd. after a bath this morn. Fresh 17" Motegi MR141 BFG 235/45ZR17
I've been brainstorming all week of ways to make vents like that. I have the fog lights on mine so I'll have to get all artsy with the Dremel, but I have enough grill material left over to experiment. Found some ABS mesh and went ham with the Dremel for a few hours making a DIY Sport mesh grille. I love how it turned out on yours. It's a real mean look.
Here's how my grille turned out.
MVIMG_20200227_182248.jpg
MVIMG_20200227_182239.jpg
MVIMG_20200227_182307.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
I Dremel'd out my fog light bezel and the plastic behind it so, I have fresh air flow to the K&N. I know the computer does the air calc but, I like to think some moving fresh air cant hurt.
Top notch Dremel skills. My favorite tool in the arsenal. Love it so much that I have two of the suckers! Not everyone is up to cutting bits on their car, solid work. Have you thought about doing the lower bumper grill? (Maybe hide a light bar behind it?)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Top notch Dremel skills. My favorite tool in the arsenal. Love it so much that I have two of the suckers! Not everyone is up to cutting bits on their car, solid work. Have you thought about doing the lower bumper grill? (Maybe hide a light bar behind it?)
I have thought of it.. But, i'd have to set up a Big3 ground for the car. I'd like to wait for the aftermarket to get stronger before I spend money on lighting. I'm more of a performance guy but, this car doesn't have the aftermarket backing it up yet. I'll probably tune it after I hit 100k to wake it up a lil bit.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have thought of it.. But, i'd have to set up a Big3 ground for the car. I'd like to wait for the aftermarket to get stronger before I spend money on lighting. I'm more of a performance guy but, this car doesn't have the aftermarket backing it up yet. I'll probably tune it after I hit 100k to wake it up a lil bit.
I'm not sure how many amps our alts are rated at, but I have a light bar, hella horns and two amplifiers, one is 500w and the other is 600w. Slight dimming when I'm bumping the subwoofer hard but the voltage drop is very minimal when I monitor it. So the stock electrical system seems to be holding up just fine with some moderate load added.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,131 Posts
Took off the snow tires today.
If it snows again I'm blaming you :p My kid has been forced home from college do to the virus, I'll be swapping his car's tires on Monday.

Reactions: C J

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
249 Posts
Thanks to another post on this forum I snagged four wheels for $120! Here's the end result:

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Just gave my girl her first hand wash of the season. I always give the engine bay a good cleaning in the spring:

And then of course a nice, hand wash:

·
ModFather
1,131 Posts
^^^^^^
Wow that looks sweet!

Mine is currently sleeping so this is what it looks like :)

The weather here has been unusually nice, so I've been driving my other car. My garage is double deep an while it's kind of a pain I can fit both cars on one side. I really wish I had a three car garage :(

Reactions: THCue

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
My poor exhaust is still in a fedex trailer 5 days late... I've been itching to put it on. Nameless Quad with mufflers.

·
ModFather
1,131 Posts
Nothing worse than the wait 😕

81 - 100 of 137 Posts