5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is probably a long shot but wouldn’t a Porsche and Subaru collaboration for this hypothetical revival of the 914 be awesome! A small two seat Japanese/German roadster.....or even a 2+2, for insurance purposes, BRZ replacement would be awesome. Thoughts?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Would be cool, but I dont see Porsche putting a subaru motor in thier car. Subaru and porsche have joined forces in the early 2000s. The development of the bugeye was highly inspired by porsche. The bugeye type euro wagon had [somewhat hideous] bumpers and interesting wheels designed by porsche.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The way the auto market is going, any sports car is welcomed. Cars in general are being axed by many manufacturers, sports cars even worse. I will not criticize any manufacturer building a sports car today, just do it, keep the sports car alive at any cost.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My cousin had a 914, if it had my Impreza motor in it that would've been awesome. Unfotunatlely entry level Sports cars are often to small for anyone over 5'6" tall. To be fair the BRZ fits taller drivers very well, I almost bought one but my 350z is noticeably quicker so couldn't justify the purchase.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
366 Posts
I really wish Subaru would make some sort of open air car, even if it were a targa top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts