5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe it was on this forum someone mentioned the ProClip phone holder brand. Over the summer I got one for my Miata and love it. Great quality and super solid mount. I decided to get one for the Impreza. I was using a magnetic mount that works well but being magnetic, I have to put a metal disk on the case. This makes it so I can't use my QI charger unless I take the case off. Kind of a PITA. Yes, I use AA but I still like to see my phone since there is no easy place to store it. I drive a manual and the phone is on the big side so putting it in the cubby in front of the shifter doesn't work.

As nice as the ProClip mount is, it does not seem to work well with my phone. Galaxy S22 Ultra. The phone is on the large side, similar to iPhone 14 Pro Max. The mount itself is solid and it holds the phone very securely. It's also very easy to put in the mount and remove. It's the location it mounts that is less than ideal. The mount itself comes in two parts. The mounting base and the holder. The only mounting option for the Impreza they make one that mounts to the vent on the left side of the stereo screen. This does not mount on the louvers, it wedges into the trim. This makes for a very solid mount. The issue is the phone sits up pretty high and obscures the view of the center info dash. Adjusting the vent is still possible but you'd have to do it before you put the phone in and it's kind of hidden under the mount. Not a huge issue but it is a little tricky. Mounting on the left of the screen (LHD Car) also puts the power cord in an odd place. There isn't really an easy way to hide it in front of the start button (if you have one)

I'm going to live with it for a bit but odds are I'm going to go back to my magnetic mount. This may work better with a smaller phone. I really wanted to like this since is a very nice mounting system although it's not cheap. Thought I'd share just in case anyone else is considering getting one. FWIW you can see the magnetic mount bottom left by the AC knob.

I have more pics here >>Click Me<<

Gear shift Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood

· ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These don't click to the vent louvers like that. The base mounting goes under the trim on the right and between it, with double sided tape, on the left. You can still adjust the vents with this mount, it sort of goes on the sides of the opening really. Very solid with zero movement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts