5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Infotainment system has the ability to create named profiles for each driver, containing some of the preferences unique to that driver. When you create the profile, you provide:
  1. The name of the profile.
  2. Which Bluetooth phone connection to use.
  3. (8"-nav system) Your home/work addresses.
  4. Which background image to use.

In addition to the above, so far I have found that the following settings appear to be saved for each profile:
  • Screen layout of shortcuts (including ones you add).
  • Radio stations 1-18.

However, a brief check seems to indicate that many/all of the other settings available (eg, General, Sound, Phone, Vehicle) are "global"; that is, there is only one setting for the vehicle, irrespective of driver profile.

Has anyone found other settings that are saved on a per-profile basis?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've played and given up on the profile "feature". It's fairly useless as implemented, in my opinion, as it is not tied to the phone connection. It should switch profiles on it's own based on which phone it pairs with when you start the car. The process of changing profiles manually just to get different radio presets is just a waste of time. Chalk one more up to what could have been if properly implemented. Anything that is software controlled should have been part of the profile with profile switching done automatically based on device connected.

Reactions: NoData

·
Registered
469 Posts
It's fairly useless as implemented
Chalk one more up to what could have been if properly implemented.
That sums up the way I feel about the entire infotainment system my "premium". Lots of potential, but almost no thought in the way it was actually implemented.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... as it is not tied to the phone connection. It should switch profiles on it's own based on which phone it pairs with when you start the car.
I've seen it do this. I switch to a "Service" profile (that I created) when I arrive at the dealer for service. When I get in the car after service & start it, I see it switch back to my profile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts