5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
'19 Impreza 5dr Sport
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whelp, I found these over in Japan and went for them.
Prova COLOR FUNCTIONAL DOOR MIRROR PAIR YELLOW (90250VL0200) | JDM Japanparts.com | GK/GT(A-), BN/BS(D-),SK(A-)

Been wanting these type of mirrors for a few years now... somewhat for improved function.. somewhat for the JDM cool factor.
Definitely not inexpensive and shipping from Japan doesn't help but I just couldn't resist.

First I'll have to figure out to uninstall mirrors and than figure out how to read Japanese to follow the wiring instructions to get them functional.

I'm no Petey so don't be expecting a full picture vlog of install with wiring.

· Registered
771 Posts
Do these mirrors also self-dim with the inside mirror?

I have the dimming exterior mirrors. (with approach LED) It is nice to see the ground around the vehicle when I unlock it at night.

· Registered
245 Posts
Whelp, I found these over in Japan and went for them.
Prova COLOR FUNCTIONAL DOOR MIRROR PAIR YELLOW (90250VL0200) | JDM Japanparts.com | GK/GT(A-), BN/BS(D-),SK(A-)

Been wanting these type of mirrors for a few years now... somewhat for improved function.. somewhat for the JDM cool factor.
Definitely not inexpensive and shipping from Japan doesn't help but I just couldn't resist.

First I'll have to figure out to uninstall mirrors and than figure out how to read Japanese to follow the wiring instructions to get them functional.

I'm no Petey so don't be expecting a full picture vlog of install with wiring.
Maybe I'm just old, but I've been hassled too many times by bored cops, that I don't do things that give them invitations to hassle me anymore.
It's the advice I give me son as well.

· Registered
2018 Impreza Limited
169 Posts
Maybe I'm just old, but I've been hassled too many times by bored cops, that I don't do things that give them invitations to hassle me anymore.
It's the advice I give me son as well.
If you live in a place where cops do this to you, I would move lol. At least, I did. I couldn't stand where I grew up because for something as simple as a burnt out tail light, I got pulled over twice in a 5 minute drive one night. That is a police state, and you can say whatever you like about liberal San Francisco and the problems we have with not being tough on crime, but the cops don't give two Sh**s about minor things like this. Heck, my exhaust with headers now is way over the noise limit, cops don't really care here. I feel like I truly have Freedom in San Francisco to be me and do what I want without the fear of cops breathing down my throat. Way more freedom than the republican place I grew up in, with a police state.

· Registered
245 Posts
If you live in a place where cops do this to you, I would move lol. At least, I did. I couldn't stand where I grew up because for something as simple as a burnt out tail light, I got pulled over twice in a 5 minute drive one night. That is a police state, and you can say whatever you like about liberal San Francisco and the problems we have with not being tough on crime, but the cops don't give two Sh**s about minor things like this. Heck, my exhaust with headers now is way over the noise limit, cops don't really care here. I feel like I truly have Freedom in San Francisco to be me and do what I want without the fear of cops breathing down my throat. Way more freedom than the republican place I grew up in, with a police state.
I'll take living and dealing with a few overzealous cops over paying a fortune to live in a shit hole like SF.

EDIT: I'll add living somewhere that doesn't allow you to defend yourself and wants you to depend on the GOV sounds a lot more like a Police state, but what do I know.

· Registered
'19 Impreza 5dr Sport
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back on track with the thread... Wanted these for the improved fields of view and better glare management at night / early dawn.

I'm not worried that this type of modification will affect my "safety" on the the roads.

I'll be sure to share my thoughts / experience about these when they arrive and when they get installed.

· Registered
329 Posts
Back on track with the thread... Wanted these for the improved fields of view and better glare management at night / early dawn.

I'm not worried that this type of modification will affect my "safety" on the the roads.

I'll be sure to share my thoughts / experience about these when they arrive and when they get installed.
Yes yes please do, maybe take a video of that turn signal function, looks pretty sweet.

· Registered
'19 Impreza 5dr Sport
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the Prova mirrors were delivered today. All in all it took ~3weeks from purchase to delivery (Japan to NJ) which isn’t terrible. The packaging was done right and no damage noted on my end. There is instructions provided (not in English but technology is our friend) and looks straight forward plug an play. Famous last words I know.
I need to wait for a decent day for me to spend the appropriate amount of time to do this install proper. Would be an expensive experiment to rush something like this. Sure I could take to a shop to do it but I’m a pretty comfortable doer. I wrapped my own car with no experience. I’ve done electrical work on my last few motorcycles.
yes, I’ll record some of the install as I get to do it twice. Review is positive this far but obviously need to install them on the car to give an honest full review.
Cheers everyone,
J

· Registered
'19 Impreza 5dr Sport
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sun was shining and temps into the 40’s so I decided to install the Prova Mirrors.
Install on the first mirror was slow but the second mirror was way easier. I used a Google translate app to take pictures of the instructions in Japanese to English.
The wiring was really straight forward and was essentially plug and play.
The view is definitely an improvement with glare and increased field of view. The heated function remains and the signal is a neat sequential pattern.
The only down size was the mirror size is just ever so slightly bigger than the OEM. This made getting the mirrors into their correct angles a mania job as I was concerned the electric motorized tilt function would fail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts