5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the moment I think there's only speculation on it unfortunately. From reading a couple articles this is all I really gathered:

"Subaru didn’t release any mechanical details of the new car, but we’re guessing this one will have a number of engine and suspension upgrades."

"
We are guessing it could get the same 2.0-liter turbo engine the 2016 WRX STI Nurburgring-winning race car is powered by. It will also likely get a number of suspension upgrades from STI. "

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well one thing you can be sure about is the fact it will be the same engine but the way its spec's will be different. For all we know it could just be the same block and bottom end with a lot of internal changes, and that's just internal, never mind what they do to improve air/fuel components.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is that the Isle of Man Time Attack WRX STI? It's probably get a better exhaust but keep the same engine. So we could be seeing around produce about 296bhp and 300lb ft of torque adn this is not including any performance upgrades.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that the Isle of Man Time Attack WRX STI? It's probably get a better exhaust but keep the same engine. So we could be seeing around produce about 296bhp and 300lb ft of torque adn this is not including any performance upgrades.
That is definitely the Isle of Man Time Attack WRX STI. But those are some quite impressive numbers :surprise:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Would be cool to see some regular Impreza's on the road with some of the color scheme we're seeing here. I would go for the yellow outlining around the headlights on a white Impreza!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know... do you think it would look good without the whole widebody package and what not ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Some more info :

37-mile course by a huge margin, clocking 17min 49.7sec and an average speed of 126.971mph on his first run. How huge? The last time he did it he recorded 19min 15.8sec and a 117.5mph average
Using a development of the 2.0-litre boxer turbo previously seen in the WRC cars, power is said to be around 600hp.
a WRC car is typically limited to 6,500, this one goes to about 8,500 - but also by fitting a larger turbo and removing the rally restrictor. Weight is "11 something" according to David Lapworth,
Full article posted by PistonHeads.com : Secrets of Subaru's IoM TT record car | PistonHeads

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish ! I can only imagine how much it would cost and how "Comfortable" it would be though :|

·
Registered
119 Posts
As nice as the Sti is, most Impreza owners will never see those speeds on their daily drives. Maybe some will add a turbo but stock is enough for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts