5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ready to go down and buy a sport until I read some posts saying they are noisy on the road. That disqualifies it for me, But they are noisy compared to what? Back to the hunt.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I saw that those comments and I'm not sure where they are coming from. From my experience, the car is very quiet. But this isn't a $80k luxury car, but it's quieter than all the other Subaru's that I have owned. My 81 year old father commented on how quiet the ride it too.

I wouldn't disqualify a car based on an internet forum. There are many journalist reviews out there that comment on how quiet the car it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
take it for a test drive. A LONG one. go on the freeway, drive around town. test it for yourself. Even I, who is so critical of the car, agree that it is very quiet (at least when it's new. Let's talk again in a year, two, three...)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Text add

I was ready to go down and buy a sport until I read some posts saying they are noisy on the road. That disqualifies it for me, But they are noisy compared to what? Back to the hunt.
Welcome to the forum. They are not noisy at all. If your going to buy an Impreza, the Sport is your best bet for the added features such as "revised suspension tuning, active torque vectoring, 18-inch wheels, LED daytime running lamps, a larger 8.0-inch touchscreen, push-button start, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and keyless access". Your best bet is to go test drive the Sport & see for yourself how it is. Just make sure to test drive the vehicle until you are satisfied you've been out long enough. Obviously if the window is cracked open & your doing 70+ MPH on the highway it's gonna be noisy :wink2:. But with window shut it's just like any other vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts