5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2017 Impreza Touring 5dr
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum ,
I recently noticed when verbally requesting a song the radio will ding, say the correct song (sometimes ) but play whatever ...

Iv done a few resets which fixed lag, tried disconnecting the battery, formatted the USB stick and tried a different stick but the issue remains ...dealer is not an option. I'm capable of fixing it just need a direction

Thanks

· Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
404 Posts
Wait you can ask the radio to play a song? I've only ever used it to place calls and had trouble because of "do you want to call mom (hyphen) iphone? rather than it picking up the language of the only person in my phonebook 'mom' and the only phone number she has.

· Registered
2017 Impreza Touring 5dr
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you hit the steering wheel input and say "play song ___" she'd usually catch the song accurately about 50% of the time ...but lately she will confirm the song title but play some other rando song ...I'm thinking it's probably the thumb drive but I posted here incase someone had a similar issue on the radio side.

For reference I put my entire music folder on a thumb drive that hides in the consol, if a random song came to mind I used it to access it hands free

· Registered
2017 Impreza Touring 5dr
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 day update ...Stopped taking commands again , following with a chirp after song request. hunt continues .
Tried formatting in a few different ways, I may try another sd card in a adapter next

· Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
404 Posts
My voice control turned "call mom" into "call Norman". Favorite one I remember was "call mom -iphone" is that call mom iphone? When it called Norman without asking for confirmation.

I love software bugs, as a Software Engineer I'm glad I'm not the only one creating buggy code, but I do hope that most of mine are fixed before consumers touch them.

· Registered
804 Posts
Wait you can ask the radio to play a song?
ABSOLUTELY!!
  • You need to have a thumbdrive installed with appropriately formatted music (albums, songs...etc)
  • The vehicle needs to be MOVING
    • When parked, for some reason the voice-selection is disabled
  • push buttons on the entertainment-system to select the thumbdrive music
    • You can search for "artists", "albums" or "songs"
    • after selecting one of these 3... car asks you "What do you want to hear"
  • You speak the answer, it does the search and displays the results.
    • you still need to 'manually' scroll thru the results and select what you want.

· Registered
2017 Impreza Touring 5dr
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tread

Welp I dug into the console and found the likely issue...mouse strikes again . Now to look for a replacement cable.
0.02 the removal of the top center console was without tools and fairly easy.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Machine Engineering

1 - 11 of 11 Posts