5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading up on car complaints and found someone having a problem with the radio/audio system.

A new Impreza 2.0I 2L sometimes have an echo in the radio and it's an on and off problem. Possible widespread audio system problem or just that owner's vehicle?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not sure, there wasn't a solution posted there. Just the problem so it could be just a lemon since nobody else has reported it yet. Or maybe no too many people own the new gen Impreza yet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well given who the new demographic is, which is quite widespread, you'll find a small percentage that will go online and report issues. When things are this new you have to wait. Best thing to do is keep asking here, other forums, dealers, etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
@SubaHatch, I have the HK deck, and haven't heard any echo yet.

Do you remember where you read this complaint? I'm curious because I've had a few glitches with the deck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
no radio problems here

I've had mine for a few weeks and haven't noticed any echo with the radio. Impreza Premium.
I have the standard audio system with the 6.5 inch screen, not the Rockford Fosgate upgrade.

Maybe check the equalizer settings in the radio menu and reset them to defaults?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi. New to this forum, but life long owner of many Subi.
Please do some research on the long history of problems Subaru has had for years and years with there Nav/stereo systems. Research the mass problem Subaru owners had with the '15+ Outback infotainment/nav systems. It is said that a minimum of 40% of the head units were/are defective. I purchased a '15 Outback premium when they first came out. In the 6 months of ownership (before trading it in for another brand of vehicle) I had three (3) stereo/nav head units replaced amongst other fit and finish problems and issues. Subaru had ZERO fix for the head units. They just played dumb of it being a problem and wouldn't admit to it becoming a mass problem. More and more the forums were filled with people reporting their issues with the head units.

Being interested in the new '17 Impreza sport, I went to the Subaru service department and asked specifically about the head units. They acknowledged the problem with the Outback head units and said they are made by a different manufacturer now.
As people are starting to report problems with these, I'm beginning to doubt it.
I got to test drive one and sit in it and play with the head unit. Just in the 30 mins I had with it, I experienced some glitchiness. Unresponsiveness to touch, Pandora playing with no sound, etc.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Driving home from work today, had my iPhone connected & playing music & I heard these weird noises coming from the speakers like as if someone was disconnecting & reconnecting the connectors to the speakers. One after the other each speaker would make this noise. Very irritating. I have the Sport model with 8" infotainment system, standard speakers & no RF or HK system. I wonder if it could be my iPhone, the charging port has been refusing to charge at times due to dust inside the port, would this affect the carplay connection?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had the same problems with mine. It's the Sport, 8" infotainment, Rockford Fosgate audio upgrade.

Here's the details. I had my Android phone plugged in via USB before turning the car on. The system automatically connected to Android Auto. I navigated to my Google Play music on the car's screen, and after pressing play, a staticky echo accompanied my tunes. I unplugged and replugged the phone, same problem. Turned the car completely off and on a couple times, same problem. Turned off Bluetooth, reconnected Bluetooth, same problem. Switched to Sirius radio, same problem. Interestingly, when I switched to FM radio, that was working just fine. When I got back into the car hours later, everything worked fine.

I hope these infotainment system issues can be fixed soon. I like the car as a whole, but these electronics are giving me a headache.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same problems with mine. It's the Sport, 8" infotainment, Rockford Fosgate audio upgrade.

Here's the details. I had my Android phone plugged in via USB before turning the car on. The system automatically connected to Android Auto. I navigated to my Google Play music on the car's screen, and after pressing play, a staticky echo accompanied my tunes. I unplugged and replugged the phone, same problem. Turned the car completely off and on a couple times, same problem. Turned off Bluetooth, reconnected Bluetooth, same problem. Switched to Sirius radio, same problem. Interestingly, when I switched to FM radio, that was working just fine. When I got back into the car hours later, everything worked fine.

I hope these infotainment system issues can be fixed soon. I like the car as a whole, but these electronics are giving me a headache.
It took a couple of years to see consistent issues. Very similar to what you described. Took the car in this morning for a regular service visit and the radio was working most of the time during the 40 min drive to the dealer. The radio was scheduled for a firmware or some update and now the unit is dead. Keeps flashing. Damn.. at least it worked before I brought it in .. in fact when the phone wasn't attached, there was nothing wrong with the radio at all. Just when I tried to use the Android Waze Apps (android auto).

Anyway.. the dealer acknowledged issues with the radios and ordering a replacement .. no cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts