5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went out for a spin with wifey

I get out of car then she gets out after me
I lock the doors and when we got back to the car.

30 min later I unlock her side, she gets in and the radio is playing
I did notice when I got near the car it beeped a few times before I got in and my side was not locked.

She asked if I left the car running, looked at the dash and car was not running

Strange car for sure

·
Registered
42 Posts
Never experienced this issue. I know that the radio keeps playing after you turn the car off, and when you open the door it turns off. At first I thought this was an issue but turns out its meant to do that. Idk if this is your issue but thats all I know.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Very odd, haven't heard about this before. Let us know if this happens again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Never experienced this issue. I know that the radio keeps playing after you turn the car off, and when you open the door it turns off. At first I thought this was an issue but turns out its meant to do that. Idk if this is your issue but thats all I know.
Anyone figure out how to prevent that? It's very jarring, especially if I'm playing bt/carplay audio and then the radio jumps to a different volume when I turn the car off. I'd prefer it just silence the audio when the car is off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone figure out how to prevent that? It's very jarring, especially if I'm playing bt/carplay audio and then the radio jumps to a different volume when I turn the car off. I'd prefer it just silence the audio when the car is off.
Figured out a hack to fix this for now... go to XM radio and go to channel 0 (silence), then when you go to CarPlay and turn the car off you'll hear silence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts