5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in New England, the roads and parking lots are uneven, full of bumps, etc... Any good thoughts on actually raising it a little? I know I'll be sacrificing some of the handling, but I'm more worried about longevity than I am handling and tuning. Any and all thoughts are appreciated

·
Registered
730 Posts
I live in New England, the roads and parking lots are uneven, full of bumps, etc... Any good thoughts on actually raising it a little? I know I'll be sacrificing some of the handling, but I'm more worried about longevity than I am handling and tuning. Any and all thoughts are appreciated
I know some people will probably say "just buy a Crosstrek" but I have also thought about this a lot. What if we took the springs from the Crosstrek & installed them on the Impreza. Would they work? Just curious, don't think I would actually do it but for kicks & giggles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know some people will probably say "just buy a Crosstrek" but I have also thought about this a lot. What if we took the springs from the Crosstrek & installed them on the Impreza. Would they work? Just curious, don't think I would actually do it but for kicks & giggles.
If they had the crosstek in a sedan I'd have gone that way. Still have my 01 ll bean wagon, went for the sedan this time. Next post below has a site with some suspension solutions that seem perfect

·
Registered
80 Posts
My wife is buying an Impreza due to the lower and more accessible roof yet we also have concerns about the single lane, and often, rutted dirt road that leads to our cabin.

We're looking into a metal skid plate and rear differential guard to protect the underbody.

According to the manufacturer, this is supposed to fit the 2017 as well.

Front Skid Plate 2012-2016 Impreza Non-Turbo - Primitive Racing

·
Registered
730 Posts
My wife is buying an Impreza due to the lower and more accessible roof yet we also have concerns about the single lane, and often, rutted dirt road that leads to our cabin.

We're looking into a metal skid plate and rear differential guard to protect the underbody.

According to the manufacturer, this is supposed to fit the 2017 as well.

Front Skid Plate 2012-2016 Impreza Non-Turbo - Primitive Racing
Providing this fits the 2017, it will be added protection for winter or dirt roads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts