1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've got experience buying from Rallisport. That's who did the engine tune on my Impreza. Great to work with. He's a site sponsor on https://www.subaruxvforum.com and has a thread about his UEL header for the Impreza / Crosstrek.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much are the UEL headers?
I would guess around $800-$850, but at this time they're only available by request by messaging him on his facebook page. There's optional ceramic coating as well (~$225 extra).

Also as a bonus he's offering a $100 discount on headers if you buy a tune as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
$850 plus $35 for headers
$425 plus $40 high flow cat welding not required
$255 for ceramic coating

I'm going to order them sometime next year once I have some extra funds and think I might put a Nameless 5in axel back on with it. Mike also said there is a 2 month wait time currently.

I did see he has a plan to make a turbo kit and that is awesome but not something I'm personally interested in for my daily driver I would be too concerned about reliability.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So glad I found this thread! Definitely getting a tune done for 91 Octane, my CAI, and muffled delete!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've got experience buying from Rallisport. That's who did the engine tune on my Impreza. Great to work with. He's a site sponsor on Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums and has a thread about his UEL header for the Impreza / Crosstrek.
What kind of performance increase did you get from the tune? Does it change the throttle response/CVT ratios at all. Do you mind me asking how much it cost you? Was it worth it?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I didn't have the car dyno tested so I have no performance numbers to share. Acceleration felt improved though. Throttle response was definitely improved. I tried several different levels of throttle response changes and picked the one that suited me best, including what RPM I wanted it to begin at. I don't have a CVT so I don't know the options specific to CVTs. I was the 4th customer car (of this platform) he had tuned. The cost at that time was $300 to him, plus I had to get an Openport 2 and subaruEdit lite software. To me, it was worth it for the manual trans rev hang delete. I have no regrets. The additional tuning was just a bonus. I haven't done the data logging yet for additional optimization.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can
$850 plus $35 for headers
$425 plus $40 high flow cat welding not required
$255 for ceramic coating

I'm going to order them sometime next year once I have some extra funds and think I might put a Nameless 5in axel back on with it. Mike also said there is a 2 month wait time currently.

I did see he has a plan to make a turbo kit and that is awesome but not something I'm personally interested in for my daily driver I would be too concerned about reliability.
Can you send me a link where I can see the part and buy it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was glad to see the unequal length headers not used on my WRX or Impreza, never been a fan of that sound. I can't see any performance benefit so just a change in sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts