5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally committed & bought the 2 inch Rallitek lift kit. Installed it yesterday on jack stands in the garage.....fun. I'll provide some pics & add details about the install when I'm not so bitter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
your car looks incredible. may i please ask what offset you picked for your wheels? and if you could please post a photo from the front or rear so i could see the tire profile? thank you!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I like the look !

Now that you have had it for a while what do you think of the ride and handling compared to stock ?
I would imagine even in a straight line the taller profile tires would have a different feel ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the look !

Now that you have had it for a while what do you think of the ride and handling compared to stock ?
I would imagine even in a straight line the taller profile tires would have a different feel ?
I do feel like the ride is less harsh due to the taller sidewall on the tires. Steering is a bit lighter also, but otherwise rides a lot like stock. Lost a few mpgs also as a result.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thank you! did you buy the ones with the alignment correction offset (the $599 kit)?

i’m moving overseas for work, and the place i’m going has GNARLY speed bumps. i’d rather not sell a car i just bought, so the lift kit is really appealing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was $629, yes it has the multi link spacers & rear sway bar spacers also.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are you going to put on some mud flaps?? Looks like a lot of road debris could impact the sides with the wheels out that far.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Awesome! Been searching for months to see if anyone lifted the newer Impreza, but to no avail. Lots and lots of Crosstreks with the Geolanders though. You are truly a pioneer. It looks great. I've been thinking of doing the same thing, but I wanted to see if there would be any potential problems before trying. I was thinking of getting Motegi MR139s.

Do you get any rubbing as of now? Kind of curious if you'll get any with the mudflaps on as well. I currently have Rally Armor flaps on my 2017 Impreza Sport.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome! Been searching for months to see if anyone lifted the newer Impreza, but to no avail. Lots and lots of Crosstreks with the Geolanders though. You are truly a pioneer. It looks great. I've been thinking of doing the same thing, but I wanted to see if there would be any potential problems before trying. I was thinking of getting Motegi MR139s.

Do you get any rubbing as of now? Kind of curious if you'll get any with the mudflaps on as well. I currently have Rally Armor flaps on my 2017 Impreza Sport.
Thanks! I am getting a little rubbing up front. If I had run 205's instead of 215's that wouldn't be an issue. The mud flaps are coming in today, so I'll update soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I saw a number of sites that had the Motegi MR139s on sale, but can't find a single place to order Geolandars in Canada.

Would taller all-seasons look out of place instead of A/Ts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
15x7 Method 701's w/ Yokohama Geolandar AT 215/70/15
Can I be super annoying and ask you for a photo from the side showing the ground clearance (taken from a few feet lower than the one you attached), and another photo from the front or rear showing the ground clearance?

I promise to stop after this... I just really dig your car :nerd:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
15x7 Method 701's w/ Yokohama Geolandar AT 215/70/15
Can I be super annoying and ask you for a photo from the side showing the ground clearance (taken from a few feet lower than the one you attached), and another photo from the front or rear showing the ground clearance?

I promise to stop after this... I just really dig your car /forum/images/Impreza5/smilies/tango_face_glasses.png
Here's some pics, hope they help. Also, managed to park by a stock one for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also, had to trim the sh#t out of the inner mud flaps to reduce rubbing.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts