5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there. The car looks awesome. I was checking on the Rallitek site but only saw the lifters for the rear and not the front. Also thoughts on weather or not I could make this fly with my 501 Methods.

Thanks

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 215/65r16 tires makes the speedometer read 5 mph too slow. So when I"m going 60 mph by the speedo I"m actually going 65 mph.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lookis fantastic! Ill be doing this to my wifes 19 imperza wagon soon. Looks like you have a sport, ours is as well. Any issues clearing the 15" methods? I was dead set on running 15" wheels but im getting conflicting info on this forum regarding sports having larger rotors and not clearing smaller wheels?

Thanks! Car looks awesome!
Jim

*Edit
I actuly researched it and found the methods will clear most cars with up to 300mm rotors. The sport has 11.6" rotors so approximately 2 tenths an inch to clear. Seems close but your obviously rinning them!?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks! I am getting a little rubbing up front. If I had run 205's instead of 215's that wouldn't be an issue. The mud flaps are coming in today, so I'll update soon.
Your post has inspired me to look into getting new wheels for my '17 Sport and installing that lift. I have always liked the Sparco Terra wheels so I'm looking into those. But I know nothing about wheels though.

When I search my car on tirerack.com it only says the 18" terras will fit the Sport. but you have 15" installed so do you think the 15" or 16" Terras would fit? The tires you have are a bit beefy for my liking so I'd probable go a size down. Maybe to the 205 that you mentioned would not have rubbing?

Any insight would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you're wanting to run an A/T tire your choices are going to be pretty limited, looking at

215/65R16
235/60R16
205/75R15
225/70R15

Crosstreks are running 15" wheels so they should fit on most Imprezas as well.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
195 Posts
Crosstreks are running 15" wheels so they should fit on most Imprezas as well.
I'm not 100% on this, but don't the Sports have larger brake rotors than the other Imprezas? Might be a fit issue for 15" wheels.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm not 100% on this, but don't the Sports have larger brake rotors than the other Imprezas? Might be a fit issue for 15" wheels.
The Sport has larger brakes in the front I believe. 11.6" rotors.

impreza5.com/forum/162-wheel-tires/5433-smaller-rims-sport.html

I believe 16" wheels will be fine. If Madhouse was able to fit 15s on a Sport then at least those Methods he installed should be fine. You might want to ask the manufacturer if you have a wheel in mind.

Glad that there are more lifted Imprezas to research and reference. I was going crazy trying to search for more information in order to do mine. I swear I've had to use every search term off every Subaru forum ever. Google searches keep turning up WRXs and Crosstreks.

On another note, here's an Impreza Sport lifted by a dealer. Not a fan of those Motegi rims, but it looks nice.

jenkinssubaruwv.com/new/Subaru/2019-Subaru-Impreza-Bridgeport-WV-26330-cc7a87350a0e0a6b4b60c7337ca49515.htm

I was gonna ask them how they did it and how high.

NOTE: The forum won't let me post full links cuz my post count is so low.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
195 Posts
^ Thx. Didn't know the Crosstreks used the same size as the Sports.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Madhouse , how is the speedometer and odometer accuracy ?
I ran it through America's Tire's calculator.

Stock tire is P225/40R18. Madhouse is running AT 215/70/15. Says if the speedometer is doing 65 he'll be doing 69.6 so similar to Jim's blue Impreza with 16s.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also, had to trim the sh#t out of the inner mud flaps to reduce rubbing.
I know you posted a while ago but could you send me a picture of where you had to trim as I’d like to get a similar setup on my car thanks
iv been searching and doing research for a while now and I think I’m going to go for the afd just would like to know if I have to change anything else for it to work and has it Caused you any issues since installed?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know you posted a while ago but could you send me a picture of where you had to trim as I’d like to get a similar setup on my car thanks
iv been searching and doing research for a while now and I think I’m going to go for the afd just would like to know if I have to change anything else for it to work and has it Caused you any issues since installed?
Dunno if Madhouse will respond since he's been a little MIA. Do you know what offset your new wheels are gonna be with your lift? That might be a factor on whether you'd have to trim your mudflaps or not. Also the brand of flaps. Madhouse has wheels with an offset of +15mm and Rokblokz flaps.

I have a 2"/2.5" kit from Subie Lift Oz on the way and I'm putting on Method MR501 VT Spec (+48mm offset) on them with Yokohama Geolandar G015. I'm most likely gonna do the same size as Madhouse (215/70/15) and write up about it here. My offset is closer to stock so it should have lesser issues rubbing on wheel turn.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My plan is to have 215/60/16 no idea about offset but they are factory forester wheels and geo lander A/T’s
Looks like offset on Forester 16s is around 48. If you're going for the 1.5" ADF kit your set up will be similar to jimw's blue Impreza. He said he doesn't rub with the splash guards on his.

·
Registered
6 Posts
change of plans I'm now going with 2" front and 2.5" in the back from subie lift oz "just placed my order" and ill be running method race wheels 15x7 with the geolander set up that can be found on the madhouses car if he is still running it but ill have the extra lift in the front and back will would love to know any complications that anyone has had when installing a lift as it'll be my first time

21 - 40 of 51 Posts