5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
change of plans I'm now going with 2" front and 2.5" in the back from subie lift oz "just placed my order" and ill be running method race wheels 15x7 with the geolander set up that can be found on the madhouses car if he is still running it but ill have the extra lift in the front and back will would love to know any complications that anyone has had when installing a lift as it'll be my first time

Sorry. Just read this post! As for installing the lift it seems fairly straightforward if you're handy. There's a guy name StarDudeOutdoors on youtube that went over his Subie Lift Oz lift kit installation for his Crosstrek in detail. It should be really similar for the Impreza. The most difficult part would be dropping the subframe and remembering to reconnect your ABS and brake lines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Madhouse now 18 months later any negative effect to your CVs or other chassis components? Also noticed the kit included extended exhaust hangers. How much does it lower the tailpipe?

Considering this lift for my 17 now that it’s officially out of warranty.

·
Registered
190 Posts
@Madhouse now 18 months later any negative effect to your CVs or other chassis components? Also noticed the kit included extended exhaust hangers. How much does it lower the tailpipe?

Considering this lift for my 17 now that it’s officially out of warranty.
I think that user stopped posting a long time ago since lots of people asked him/her questions and they never responded. I don't have a Rallitek lift installed, but I'm sure it's the same principle as my Subielift OZ one. I've had it about 6 months and so far so good on the CV joints, but I haven't seriously taken it off road or anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yah, I was hoping maybe he was still around.

I have no interest in OffRoad. I have a much more capable vehicle for that. Just need increased snow clearance and I’m tired of dragging the nose on driveways in town. Should have just bought a Crosstrek when we got it.

·
Registered
18 Impreza
1 Posts
I like the look !

Now that you have had it for a while what do you think of the ride and handling compared to stock ?
I would imagine even in a straight line the taller profile tires would have a different feel ?
Man I love that look I hope to have something almost like that with my car

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S
2 Posts
Anyone expect/experience any problems with the length of brake and ABS lines with regards to lift kits?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have a 1.5" ADF lift on my 2017 Impreza sedan. I took it in to the dealership for the brake hose recall and they removed the brake hose connection relocation brackets (which they used when they installed my lift) because the replacement hoses routed better without the brackets. They said the new hoses were good with my lift as-is.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S
2 Posts
I have a 1.5" ADF lift on my 2017 Impreza sedan. I took it in to the dealership for the brake hose recall and they removed the brake hose connection relocation brackets (which they used when they installed my lift) because the replacement hoses routed better without the brackets. They said the new hoses were good with my lift as-is.
Cheers for the help. So many questions, I’ll probably be coming back soon for more advice.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts