5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long wait my rally armor mud flaps arrived. They arrived yesterday right as I was pulling out my driveway going to work . So I woke up early this morning to install them

They were very easy to install up on the front .

The rear I removed the wheels. It was too difficult to use the screwdriver while the wheels and tires are on the car.

It's my wife's Impreza not mine but I enjoy
adding mods to her car . Since my truck is already heavily modified.

I didn't take any install pics since the included instructions from rally armor are really good with pics too

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
After a long wait my rally armor mud flaps arrived. They arrived yesterday right as I was pulling out my driveway going to work . So I woke up early this morning to install them

They were very easy to install up on the front .

The rear I removed the wheels. It was too difficult to use the screwdriver while the wheels and tires are on the car.

It's my wife's Impreza not mine but I enjoy
adding mods to her car . Since my truck is already heavily modified.

I didn't take any install pics since the included instructions from rally armor are really good with pics too

Looks amazing, I love the wheel choice too!

·
Registered
142 Posts
What's the part # or style you installed? Looking to put some on mine. Thanks!
I think they only have one style available for our imprezas. Besides the option of Logo color, and one option of red flaps.

Looks awesome dude! I'm getting mine on friday!!

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Looks great my friend. Not a fan of the Rally Armor, in general and like the look better of the OEM but, on your car color, they look very nice and unobtrusive. Enjoy!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Also curious about the style & model #

Are those the universal basic or the model specific on for the Impreza?

A local shop said that the universal basic may not work on the hatchback, which are only +/-$20.

The model specific ones are a more durable, flexible material, but I don't want to spend $200 Cdn just on mudflaps.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
@sleepy..buy them on eBay and install them yourself.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oh yeah for sure, I was going to install them myself. I just wanted to see if the Universal Basic works, so I'm not limited to getting the model specific mudflaps which are substantially more expensive.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Does the 5 DR sit lower then the 4DR? Or did you lower your car?
our local dealer has had only 1 sport sedan and numerous sport hatch's. the hatchback definitely appears to sit lower than the sedan. i drove the sedan after we had already purchased our hatch and it didn't even drive the same. it wasn't as tight handling as the hatch in my opinion. and it had more body roll.

Reactions: Drewskie916

·
Registered
38 Posts
"$25 contribution to Stand Up To Cancer® " they also gave me a cool package inside that included a rally armor power bank.

It rained the other day thus having to wash the car, but the mudflaps surprisingly didn't get that dirty, with the material they use it slides off for the most part

·
Administrator
785 Posts
They look pretty sweet. If i had the patience to switch back and forth I would do this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mud Flaps

Also curious about the style & model #

Are those the universal basic or the model specific on for the Impreza?

A local shop said that the universal basic may not work on the hatchback, which are only +/-$20.

The model specific ones are a more durable, flexible material, but I don't want to spend $200 Cdn just on mudflaps.
On the SubiSpeed.com site they are $146.95 US so $188.73 CDN

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can anyone comment on the effectiveness of their mud flaps? I'm only on day 5 of ownership of my 2018 5 door sport and my only complaint is the excessive amount of muddy water that gets flung as high as the bottom of the side windows. She only has 60 miles on her and looks like ****. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I, personally, love the look of the molded OEM flaps. They also function very well in achieving what they are there to accomplish. I don't care for the Rally's as they remind me of something that belongs on a pickup truck. You won't go wrong either way...it's all about the look you are trying to achieve.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts