5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RallyArmor contacted me this morning to let me know that mudflaps are now available for the 2017 4-door and 5-door!

Mine came to $157 (USD) and I'll post pictures when they're shipped and installed!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Is there a reason to prefer these over the OEM accessory splash guards? Aren't these 2x the price of OEM?

·
Registered
44 Posts
RA mudflaps have much more functionality than the OE splash guards. They are well engineered and Rally Armor is great to deal with. Not everyone like the look af the mudflaps, but that is a different conversation. My 2017 Impreza is my 5th Scooby and I have had RA flaps on all of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Is there a reason to prefer these over the OEM accessory splash guards? Aren't these 2x the price of OEM?
The Rally Armor mud flaps are bigger than the OEM splash guards, so i think it'll protect more of the car, they're made of rubber instead of plastic so they won't crack, and I think they'll look nice haha. My local dealer quoted me a price of something like $200+ for the splash guards and installation too, so i figured the RA flaps can't cost much more than OEM. I never checked or asked for the OEM part price.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How difficult to install? Drilling required?
No drilling. Rally Armor mudflaps are designed to be installed without any drilling. This set is pretty easy. You're basically, pulling a few clips off and aligning and screwing the flaps in.

I made it more difficult because I installed them in the rain.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Those look really nice. Definitely need to see a overall picture though to see how well it works as a complete image!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Who wants to bed that Red will the be the most sold, don't feel guilty if you want red, most Subi guys do although they hate to admit it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm not hating on you guys but i actually do not like those at all. on a Rally car they may look ok because they are slinging rocks and dirt all the time. but on a daily driver that looks as nice as these cars do from the factory, they just don't suit my style. to each their own, and I'm sure most of you guys like them. they just aren't for me. on a plus side though, i am glad to FINALLY see the aftermarket getting some stuff out for these cars. hoping for more stuff to come soon...

Reactions: HuusiHuudi5
1 - 20 of 32 Posts