5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
711 Posts
I've been driving a 2.5 Legacy for almost 4 weeks with my impreza at a different dealership (a new one opened up near me).

Foreman confirmed the issue. They took the engine apart and cleaned it and still happened. Took it apart and cleaned even more stuff and it still happened. That update came almost two weeks ago. Wonder what will happen next...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Taking it into a dealer to get in cleaned today. I added low viscosity Lucas oil additive and this seems to have helped a bit. That in combination with 93 oct makes it better but I still hear it on an incline.
I cant affor another car so i'll just drive my 2016 impreza till it fails

·
Registered
711 Posts
I would like to report that this issue has been resolved by One Subaru of Hayward, CA. They did an impeccable and thorough job with a very frustrating issue. I won't go into certain details but I will surmise that this dealership has a pro-consumer attitude and completely had my back when SOA did not (fuck SOA). Compare this month long investigation and mitigation to Livermore who blamed my exhaust and called it a day, or Walnut Creek who didn't fix it with TSB and told me to give up and use 91 octane.

I'm waiting to receive the documentation details by email and will share screenshots when I receive them; the short version is that my engine was taken apart, cleaned meticulously, and rebuilt. Fuel injectors were cleaned per TSB. New spark plugs installed. And other stuff which I will share as that information comes my way.

The car is incredibly responsive now to the slightest pedal pressure changes. It no longer "locks" into a ping. When I demonstrated the issue, I took it to the Calstate campus behind the dealer and locked in a ping from one stop sign to the next (Harder Rd / E Loop Rd). After the completion of service I could not make it ping on that road. It may still, as manual indicates, give a short snort going up a hill. This was verified to be standard behavior with a couple of other cars by dealer as part of their investigation. I'm not worried about that. I'm very happy I can drive down a road without sounding like a shopping cart. To the poor tech who worked on the car, I gave the most expensive tequila.

·
Registered
711 Posts
lmao I take it back

they drained my full tank of 87 and filled it with 3 gallons of 91, then had me test the car. I can lock in a ping after filling my tank with 87.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I filed a small claims suit against SoA a few days ago. I've caught them in multiple lies and have the evidence to expose a coverup.

Here is a glaring example:

Derek Klorig the liar from SoA writes to me:

In reviewing with the Retailer, I have been advised your vehicle is operating as designed.
I email the guy who runs owns the retailer with whom Derek the Liar spoke:

is this true that you advised SoA that my vehicle was operating as intended?
I get the following reply:

I told them I verified the noise however there was no know fix at this time. But never told them it was normal.
Given that SoA is on record falsifying numbers on fuel economy and emissions tests is it really a surprise they are falsifying octane ratings?

61 - 66 of 66 Posts