5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to my parking deck yesterday and found my rear bumper driver's side completely swiped and scratched.

This is the 2nd time someone has done damage to my vehicle in my lot, all without leaving a note.

Kinda sucks, but Geico has been exceptionally good with fixing it the very next day.

I live in Virginia and the state has a $200 deductible for these hit 'n run type accidents, so it's not too bad in the pocket book.

Actual repair estimate is around $500.

You can take a peek at what the Impreza looks like without it's rear bumper on...pics attached.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,683 Posts
I believe I have had more than 10 of those incidents in my life, makes me so bad and lowers my whole opinion of humanity you know? Had it happen (like you) several times in my work parking lot. So you are always wondering which one of your co-workers in the total piece of garbage that did it.

Feel for you man!

·
Registered
319 Posts
That sucks. My 05 Legacy GT got a big old dent just in the side just in front of the right taillight while sitting in a parking lot. It was already over 10 years old at that point but it didn't deserve that!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I believe I have had more than 10 of those incidents in my life, makes me so bad and lowers my whole opinion of humanity you know? Had it happen (like you) several times in my work parking lot. So you are always wondering which one of your co-workers in the total piece of garbage that did it.

Feel for you man!
I had it happen to me a couple times but ever since I have been extra cautious about where and how I park. Often it comes down to that. Some friends of mine are also extra careful and rarely run into any issues. They might get a door ding but that's it.

·
Super Moderator
1,683 Posts
It just seems like many people don't respect other people's property. A car is not just a car it is a major investment that each of us makes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a small dimple in my driver door from someone's door. It didn't harm the paint but it's
still easily seen when I look at the car. I try to always park with only one side exposed. I don't
know where it happened, I think it was in the Golden Corral parking lot. I would have appreciated
a note from the guilty party.

Clifton

1 - 7 of 7 Posts