5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
755 Posts
I’m actually putting the sport sway bar in so won’t have a manual! I’m dropping 1 inch instead of a lift!

edit: let me know if you have the specs handy. Looking to get an electric torque wrench.
What's the difference with the sports sway bar? Just thicker?

I was referring to the rallitek lift manual: https://www.rallitek.com/en/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=96

Its not for your exact usecase but it has torque specs and shows you what to do to drop the subframe
  • M14 main subframe bolts – 107 ft-lbs
  • M10 subframe support bolts – 52 ft-lbs
IIRC you're in SF. I was there today. Scraped my skid plate entering parking. Idk about dropping it on these roads...

·
Registered
258 Posts
What's the difference with the sports sway bar? Just thicker?

I was referring to the rallitek lift manual: https://www.rallitek.com/en/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=96

Its not for your exact usecase but it has torque specs and shows you what to do to drop the subframe
  • M14 main subframe bolts – 107 ft-lbs
  • M10 subframe support bolts – 52 ft-lbs
IIRC you're in SF. I was there today. Scraped my skid plate entering parking. Idk about dropping it on these roads...
It’s just the OWM one from Subaru, I do not know the thickness tbh. My model did not come with a rear sway bar.

yeah man SF is a little gnarly. I was concerned about that too so good looks. I just hate the wheel gap more than anything.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
755 Posts
Will and STI rear sway bar fit in the 2018 base model Impreza? The 2015+ years. The perrins run at 200+$ but saw the thread - upgrading to a cross trek rear sway is a plausible idea!
Looks like the crosstrek bar is the same item, compare 20451FL000 with 20451FL010 and what's the difference.

·
Registered
'17 Base Sedan 5mt
63 Posts
Will and STI rear sway bar fit in the 2018 base model Impreza? The 2015+ years. The perrins run at 200+$ but saw the thread - upgrading to a cross trek rear sway is a plausible idea!
Nope, WRX/STI up to 2021 is still on the older platform so it's a completely different assembly, SGP has the sway bar links mounted directly to the chassis. Maybe the new 2022 WRX bar will fit since that's on the SGP, but no idea if that's actually the case. Crosstrek bar is a different shape, not sure what would need to be changed to make it fit an Impreza.

Only confirmed methods that will work are the Impreza Sport bar and the Hardrace bar. Those will bolt right onto the stock swaybar mounts for the Impreza.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope, WRX/STI up to 2021 is still on the older platform so it's a completely different assembly, SGP has the sway bar links mounted directly to the chassis. Maybe the new 2022 WRX bar will fit since that's on the SGP, but no idea if that's actually the case. Crosstrek bar is a different shape, not sure what would need to be changed to make it fit an Impreza.

Only confirmed methods that will work are the Impreza Sport bar and the Hardrace bar. Those will bolt right onto the stock swaybar mounts for the Impreza.

Thanks. Did not do my homework. Bought a base, without realizing suspension differences.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts