5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last August I got a letter from Subaru about a recall - the reflectors in the headlights were defective and impacting night vision. The fix is supposed to be installing new headlights. So far, I’ve heard nothing about when this fix will happen. Does anyone have information about this?

· ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,747 Posts
I got it too, apparently the reflectors on the side don't reflect or something like that. My understanding is they have sent out the letters saying they acknowledge the issue but currently don't have a fix. When they get one they will contact us. I guess it involves replacing the whole headlamp assembly.

· Registered
354 Posts
Thanks for your responses. I guess my question is does anyone know when those parts will be in so the headlamps will be fixed. Impaired night vision is definitely a concern
I don't really think it is as bad as they say but for other drivers on the road, I think it was a problem. No idea when the parts will be available. Recall has been around for a while.

· Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Sport Hatch 5spd Manual
226 Posts
My service guy said from the conversations he has had, it's nowhere on anyone's high priority list. The important aspect was the "timely" release of the recall info, the remedy can take close to forever to actually happen... (i.e. Takada airbags)

· Registered
12 Posts
Last August I got a letter from Subaru about a recall - the reflectors in the headlights were defective and impacting night vision. The fix is supposed to be installing new headlights. So far, I’ve heard nothing about when this fix will happen. Does anyone have information about this?
Relax a bit what’s the rush you worried about what not working?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts