5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Premium Hatchback
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since you guys were quick to help with my last thread. Any recommendations for sizes of tires for a 17” wheel. Not going for anything other than a smooth ride, durability, and style. Anyone had a package combo on both tires and wheels that worked for you?

·
Registered
202 Posts
1st pic is 215/50/17 on 15-17 Suby Forester wheels (17x7 48mm offset), 2nd pic is 225/45/17s on Konig wheels. (17 x 8 40mm offset). I liked the 215s much better, they're a little taller and smother riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
205 Posts
I have some pics in this thread

>Click Me<

of some 17" OEM WRX wheels I got for $150 for all 4 on the local Subaru FB page. If you are not in a rush it's worth looking around. I haven't gotten tires yet but I want these for my winter wheels so I'll be getting dedicated shows eventually.

Something that was helpful in my wheel decision was this guide here:

Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

pretty comprehensive, pay attention to the scrub radius as it relates to the offset. There is a little wiggle room with offset but depending on how far off it is, it will change the steering dynamics. Too far out and you will stress the wheel bearings too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
pretty comprehensive, pay attention to the scrub radius as it relates to the offset. There is a little wiggle room with offset but depending on how far off it is, it will change the steering dynamics. Too far out and you will stress the wheel bearings too.
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, the 8 inch wide wheels I got with 40mm of offset made my steering wheel feel like more of an on/off switch while the wheels with 48mm offset felt almost as good as stock. I thought I wanted that "Poke" until I actually got it. I thought I learned that lesson 20 years ago but apparently I forgot my wheel buying experience with my Civic Ex.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts