5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Sport CVT 2.0l
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, let me know if I'm in the wrong spot but any advice or recommendation would be great! Looking into upgrading or installing parts into my 17 Subi Impreza Sport engine bay. I want to definitely get a cold air intake in there, if there are any performance radiators that I can switch over to. I also want to dress up the engine bay a bit too I looked into COB and Perrin Performance parts I would like to know what else is out there. I know for sure i'll be installing a red Nameless Strut brace bar. I know there isn't a lot of aftermarket parts for our cars at the moment I am honestly still looking, I am fully set on somethings but not a lot. My Impreza is Venetian Red Pearl so of course I'm going to stick with a Black and Red color story.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone, let me know if I'm in the wrong spot but any advice or recommendation would be great! Looking into upgrading or installing parts into my 17 Subi Impreza Sport engine bay. I want to definitely get a cold air intake in there, if there are any performance radiators that I can switch over to. I also want to dress up the engine bay a bit too I looked into COB and Perrin Performance parts I would like to know what else is out there. I know for sure i'll be installing a red Nameless Strut brace bar. I know there isn't a lot of aftermarket parts for our cars at the moment I am honestly still looking, I am fully set on somethings but not a lot. My Impreza is Venetian Red Pearl so of course I'm going to stick with a Black and Red color story.
I was actually taking a brief look today at turbo kits to see if it’s possible. No immediate plans for me, but definitely keep me posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Crawford makes aluminum intake manifold spacers that come in red, probably would look real nice with the strut tower brace from nameless. I bought mine but haven't installed yet, they look super clean though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look beneath your airbox, if the organ looking thing comes off it'll have Cai sounds from 2k-3500rpm and be free :)
Ohhh yeah heard of that i’ll be doing that when it’s not so cold. I think mine is glued on or something idk either way i’m taking it off lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There’s someone on Instagram who has the avo turbo world kit. He still drives it. What you need is a good dyno tune from someone who knows any car’s capabilities, and it should be fine.
Pretty sure there arre two Dyno places in the town I live in I have to reach out see how they are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pretty sure there arre two Dyno places in the town I live in I have to reach out see how they are.
avo makes kits for the brz there is more support for that car than ours but the kit is basically the same if you are worried about reliability i would look in to what people with the brz kit have experienced.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
avo makes kits for the brz there is more support for that car than ours but the kit is basically the same if you are worried about reliability i would look in to what people with the brz kit have experienced.
Hey, really appreciate it!! For sure will look into it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone here done a cold air intake i have tried box filters and have gotten decent results with the nicer K&N box filters im not hell bent on making a ton of power but more would definitely be an improvement im wondering what the benefits people have actually experienced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone here done a cold air intake i have tried box filters and have gotten decent results with the nicer K&N box filters im not hell bent on making a ton of power but more would definitely be an improvement im wondering what the benefits people have actually experienced.
I have the k&n cold air intake on my hatch and I honestly haven't noticed any power increase but I really only put it on to get air intake noises which totally justified the purchase to me personally. Also it looks a bit better than the factory intake box thingy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OP which Perrin engine dress up parts have you found that fit our cars? I did some searching and found only parts for WRX’s. I’d love to know if some do fit the latest model Impreza.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OP which Perrin engine dress up parts have you found that fit our cars? I did some searching and found only parts for WRX’s. I’d love to know if some do fit the latest model Impreza.
I know someone on here was a belt cover from Perrin that fits i've seen I wish I had a better memory as to who. But the radiator cover, shrouds, etc. doesn't fit the latest Impreza model sadly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts