5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm loving the contrast colors between the two.

It gives off a unique look and sporty trend.

Also blacked out tail lights looks good too.

The only thing I find plain is the front:

I'll probably change the hood to carbon fiber :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bet right now some owners of the current and past generations of the WRX are looking at cans of fluorescent green plasti dip ;)

But this is just the concept so the design will be watered down a bit come time for production, something to keep in mind. But being something close to looking production worthy, production model will look close enough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got it!

Plasti-dip already has that! haha

I've used their blazed blue, pretty cool :D

I just love the exterior body color - tint of purple and SPARKLES! yes sparkles is a must! haha sorry.. a girl loves her sparkles and shine :p

They never fail me with excitement with their concept an designs. Everything about their wide body of the car is just perfect and proportionate

·
Registered
229 Posts
Calipers will be a bit tougher but should still be possible, worst case scenario (or the lazy way out) is to get caliper covers that just bolt on, but there are no where near as cool as painting your caliper setup.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, I rather paint the calipers :D I would totally paint mines pink LOLLL!

or blue like this to match with the car, but I don't want it to blend into the car tho...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Or you can try adding some humor to it and color it to look like a banana. But too bad seeing anything custom like that isn't a common thing, usually people keep their setup stock or with some typical color change, can't blame em'.

If going STi, i know I will stay stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHAH! that made my day with the banana design along with the name change of banano

You're right, with the subaru STI, they look great stocked. BUT I like to add a bit of colors to it to make it slightly unique :) nothing too crazy though in terms of mod, as I don't want it to take away the design itself :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
They'll most likely dial back the lights in the production model. As nice as those unique lights look, car companies just doesn't seem to want to go for them and instead use the same old lights they've always been using.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well it's also due to the fact that they need to do what's good enough compared to what else they already do on a production level and compared to the competition. It's how design and technology typically works in being rolled out to the public.

But we might see some of what this concept has here in another model, maybe in some new Subaru coupe?

·
Registered
308 Posts
New Subaru coupe as in not the BRZ, or a new re-designed BRZ with a few of these concept features to change it up a bit ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I heard they might be sticking with the BRZ name but taking on their own direction separate from what Toyota is doing. Little information on it but so far they seem to have a market of buyers to supply those vehicles to. It just has to be all Subaru... no Toyota influence.

·
Registered
308 Posts
That sounds great. I've read around that Toyota's influence was actually quite hidden in the BRZ itself, however much more evident in the FRS. What influences were you thinking of ? Personally being the first Subaru I've owned, I don't really know what to look for .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts