5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would look back and compare some of my dream cars in my life to the Impreza5 Sport.

I was a freshmen in college in 1982. I loved the 1982 Supra, way to expensive for me. The Impreza5 is a better (and faster) car.

I used to love Porsche when I was in high school. Many of them have far less power than the Impreza5.

I used to love the 1979 Camaro, believe it or not they were dogs. The Impreza5 is pretty close to being as fast and certainly handles better.

My best friend in HS had a Fiat Spider we had a blast in that car, the Impreza5 would destroy that car.

It is amazing how the whole notion of car power and handling has progressed in my lifetime. I think my first car had like 90whp.! :ROFLMAO: I think about those old cars when people mention that the Impreza5 is low on power.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would be happy to have an Impreza engine in my 240z. That car would love this engine.

·
Banned
417 Posts
Thanks for the perspective, C J. I have a history, too, and find my Impreza an amazing car. Enough power to break any speed limit... but funnern the dickins in the curves. I unashamedly like to drive just fast enough on entrance ramps to make fun of whomever's behind me. Don't even have to push it most times.

It has been a long time coming for me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I remember on Top Gear a couple years back that they mentioned that a stock V6 Accord would beat the classic "James Bond" DB5 on any challenge....

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember on Top Gear a couple years back that they mentioned that a stock V6 Accord would beat the classic "James Bond" DB5 on any challenge....
But could it lay down an oil slick and eject passengers that were holding a gun on you?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had a crush on the Triumph TR 6 back in the day. Took a test drive in a used one and remember a stiff ride and super responsive steering. Practicality over ruled though since space was really limited.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I always wanted a Skyline R32, an Evo IV, or a FC RX-7 when I was in high school / college (1997-2000) because of Initial D. Now my priorities have totally changed.

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always wanted a Skyline R32, an Evo IV, or a FC RX-7 when I was in high school / college (1997-2000) because of Initial D. Now my priorities have totally changed.
In HS I wanted a Porsche 911 sc turbo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts