5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am interested in buying the remote engine-starter key, but there are two types of it and I don't really get the difference. Can anyone explain that to me?
I also am not sure whether my car is capable of interacting with these keys, but I have a start button in the car. any insight?

Mine is Impreza 2020 2.0 IS ES

Details about the two keys is on this link: Genuine Accessories > Comfort and Convenience - 2020 Subaru Impreza Accessories - Shop Online - All American Subaru in Old Bridge, NJ

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
754 Posts
One is for an Impreza that has a push button, no key only a key fob that has a proximity sensor to start the other is for one that uses a key. So you would need the one on the right, I think there are some systems that use your phone and an app instead if you have the push button. This of course, in all cases, is only for the automatic transmission cars. I have a manual so I've never looked into the app very closely. I think there is some sort of yearly subscription involved.

Edit: to show what's involved in the install I've attached the installation instructions, one of the remote start with push button ones is for Canada and one for US.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One is for an Impreza that has a push button, no key only a key fob that has a proximity sensor to start the other is for one that uses a key. So you would need the one on the right, I think there are some systems that use your phone and an app instead if you have the push button. This of course, in all cases, is only for the automatic transmission cars. I have a manual so I've never looked into the app very closely. I think there is some sort of yearly subscription involved.

Edit: to show what's involved in the install I've attached the installation instructions, one of the remote start with push button ones is for Canada and one for US.
Man thanks alot! That's very helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts