5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the remote start installed at my dealer this morning. Total price was $564.11, but I had a $250 credit so $314.11 was my cost. So far I'm really happy I got this done, especially with winter fast approaching :smile2: I really like the fob, it beeps when the vehicle starts & a light blinks every three seconds to let you know it's idling. Once a door is opened, the vehicle shuts off, which in my opinion is a great security feature. Don't want some bum trying to drive off with me warm car & their butt all warm from my heated seat lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
You do not need to use that extra key fob. You can use the OEM key, if the dealer programed it correctly.

No need to carry two.

Here's how it works...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know. The remote start fob is for long range activation, while the other is for shorter range. I'd rather have the two on hand if I'm at the supermarket or parking lot.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Hopefully it works out well for you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is the information leaflet I was given.
That's great to hear the aux remote has longer range. Tried starting my car from the second floor of my office with the regular fob and wasn't having any luck. So I guess the 3-400 meter rating is on the secondary fob.

Does the secondary fob still cause the car to beep like 4 times? I read in the manual that even without remote start 3-pressing the lock button is for a "locate my car" feature that causes a beep and hazard blink —*I'm wondering if disabling that feature is possible and if it would get rid of the longer first beep before the car starts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the same car but a 2018. Had a remote starter installed. I've had the car for 5 weeks and this past Tuesday am the car wouldn't start. Been at Clay Subaru in Norwood for 3 days and they still can't figure it out. Good car just doessn't start.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Car wouldn't start period or the remote start stopped working???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts