5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to removal the stereo yet? Really what I want to do is remove the gauge hood above the stereo. On a 2016 there is a panel that has the vents that would be removed to then access the gauge hood. But, in the 2017 the vents are beside the stereo instead of above the stereo. So, now in the 2017 the stereo needs to be removed first.
Does anyone have any experience doing that yet. I'm guessing I need a special tool. But, after looking online I can not find any info on it yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here's the text from the Tech Reference Booklet. Service Manual would probably have more but looks pretty straight forward.

"Service of the Multimedia unit (audio assembly) is possible once the left and right center air grilles and the center trim panel have been removed. All three trim pieces are removed by applying firm pressure away from the vehicle’s bulkhead (toward rear of vehicle). Once accessible, the audio assembly is secured to the dash with 4 screws.

NOTE:
Failure to disconnect the negative battery cable before removing the audio head unit will result in an inoperable backup camera. This occurs because the audio head unit, after powering up, does not see the backup camera and assumes there is not one installed in the vehicle. This can be repaired by removing the backup power fuse and waiting 30 seconds. Then install the backup power
fuse and test the backup camera. This condition is not the fault of software or hardware. Follow the instructions currently in place in the Subaru Service Manual for audio head unit removal and installation."

·
Registered
98 Posts
I signed up for a 3 day subscription to Subaru Technical Information System to download parts of the service manual and anything else of interest. You can also view all the TSBs and Recalls in full detail too.

https://stis.subaru.com/index.html
While you have the subscription...
Any more details on the Infotainment TSB?
Anything else worthy of bringing the car in for? I saw one in another thread about the CVT hesitating and bogging down the engine, which I noticed in my car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anything else worthy of bringing the car in for? I saw one in another thread about the CVT hesitating and bogging down the engine, which I noticed in my car.

this may of be some interest to you... had my impreza in for service and had a recall and update performed

·
Registered
63 Posts
My subscription was over in February. Currently there's only the 2 TSBs, Head unit update and the ECM update for the CVT hesitation/stumble on light acceleration issue.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Has anyone gone and done this? I do not like how the buttons for the infotainment are white but everything else is red. Was looking to take it off and either change the light behind it or put some paint on the back

·
Registered
160 Posts
Has anyone gone and done this? I do not like how the buttons for the infotainment are white but everything else is red. Was looking to take it off and either change the light behind it or put some paint on the back
same here. I hate the color combination. keep us posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts