5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find Subaru wheels that I can replace my OEMs with. I currently have 16" aluminums. I would like to use them for the winter and get myself a set of 17" wheels to run in the summer. Does anyone here have the model with 17" wheels and happen to know the offset on them?

I found a set of BRZ wheels that I like. The offset is listed as 48.

·
Registered
778 Posts
5x100 Bolt Pattern
56.1 Hub Bore
anywhere from 38-55 offset should fit it. the higher the offset number the more the wheel will sit under the car.

our Sport came with 18x7.5" with 55 offset if that helps...

·
Registered
17 Posts
5x100 Bolt Pattern
56.1 Hub Bore
anywhere from 38-55 offset should fit it. the higher the offset number the more the wheel will sit under the car.

Can you please explain to me what is hub bore and offset? And The hub bore has to be the same as the OEM wheels, and what do you mean by the higher offer number the more the wheels will sit under the car?

Sorry I'm very new to this.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Can you please explain to me what is hub bore and offset? And The hub bore has to be the same as the OEM wheels, and what do you mean by the higher offer number the more the wheels will sit under the car?

Sorry I'm very new to this.
hub bore the is the diameter of the hub. when you take your wheels off you see the very dead center of your brakes, that is the "hub bore". you can run wheels with a bigger than 56.1 hub bore but you would need hub centric rings, preferably aluminum ones, to make the wheel sit correctly. you would just get hub rings that fit whatever wheel you are looking at and make sure that it goes down to 56.1 to fit your hub correctly.

offset is the amount of the wheel that actually sits behind the lug face, or where the wheel bolts to the hub. if you take our wheels which are 7.5" wide with 55mm offset that means 55mm of the wheel is sitting behind the hub. If we use a different offset, say 45mm and still keep the 7.5" wheel width that would mean less of the wheel was "under" the car and it would sit closer to the fender edge. look at tire rack.com for a complete explanation. and they also sell a bunch of wheels for these cars.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am trying to find Subaru wheels that I can replace my OEMs with. I currently have 16" aluminums. I would like to use them for the winter and get myself a set of 17" wheels to run in the summer. Does anyone here have the model with 17" wheels and happen to know the offset on them?

I found a set of BRZ wheels that I like. The offset is listed as 48.
I have stock 18inch Sport wheels for sale

·
Registered
37 Posts
5x100 Bolt Pattern
56.1 Hub Bore

this is very reassuring as i just ordered some 8.5" wheels with a 45 offset thinking that the offset on the stock sport wheel is 47.. phew.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts