5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to take off the factory roof rails on a premium trim. I'm wondering if I have to pull the headliner out. I either want to paint them or ditch them if I can. I really like the clean roof look of the sports. Any info would be awesome! :grin2:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Anyone know how to take off the factory roof rails on a premium trim. I'm wondering if I have to pull the headliner out. I either want to paint them or ditch them if I can. I really like the clean roof look of the sports. Any info would be awesome! :grin2:
Most vehicles there is covers covering the screws on the exterior. First time I heard of pulling the headliners that's extreme.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Apparently the headliner does have to be R&I'd which is insane. Here's a video which may help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help guys. I'll see if there's a cap on the rails next time I'm available, if so I'll post it up here. I'm pretty sure I would have to remove the headliner thought so I think I'll just keep em.

·
Registered
119 Posts
First time I'm seeing rails that require removal of the headliner, holy cow. Usually they're easily removable with the right tool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if you found out how to get them off yet? I’m from Canada and they don’t come with them and I was wanting to get a set installed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wonder why Subaru doesn't offer the 5 door premium with a no roof rack option. No harm no foul in giving people the option to either have or delete it as they see fit. I inquired at my local dealer if it was possible to order a premium with no roof rack and they said they would make some calls.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone removed or added the factory roof rails yet? I found someone who says he can do it but it would leave holes that need to be plugged up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wonder why Subaru doesn't offer the 5 door premium with a no roof rack option. No harm no foul in giving people the option to either have or delete it as they see fit. I inquired at my local dealer if it was possible to order a premium with no roof rack and they said they would make some calls.

Looks like no on the premium for without racks, looks like its part of what makes it a "premium"
I can tell you from my experience at a different brand dealer, that people are pissed their car DIDN'T come with a roof rack and want to add it. I see your point though and can appreciate it.

From the Subaru web page..

Roof Racking
Every Impreza model comes with roof racking capability, including standard roof rails on Premium[/B] and Limited 5-door models and standard roof rack brackets on the sedan. So, whether your trip includes bikes, kayaks, or cargo, it’s ready when you are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts