5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn’t like the roof spoiler that I saw online for the 2017 Subaru WRX that said it’ll fit the Subaru Impreza, and I didn’t want people to think I’m trying to make my Impreza into a WRX or an STI by ordering one made for those cars, so I bought a Universal spoiler. Plus I like the look of it because the flares stick out aggressive without overdoing it. However, it didn’t fit, so I bought a dremel, and cut out the edges to the shape of my roof. It actually came out nice, and I’ve been getting a lot of compliments on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks interesting, do you think you could take another photo in some better lighting? It's hard to tell it's even there in those photos.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think these would work with the hatch?
Maybe, but I don’t think it’ll look good because the bottom of the flares are slanted flat, and it’s kind of thin, so it’ll probably look droopy considering the curvature of the hatch. But you can try. It’s flexible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I bought and installed the roof lip from the Amazon link in my previous post. Almost positive it is the same as the one Rob209 has.
Pretty happy with how it came out. I didnt have to do any cutting like Rob. One of the included extension pieces gave a close enough fit in my opinion.
Now I just need time to see if it stays on or falls off lol.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Very interesting look.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I bought and installed the roof lip from the Amazon link in my previous post. Almost positive it is the same as the one Rob209 has.
Pretty happy with how it came out. I didnt have to do any cutting like Rob. One of the included extension pieces gave a close enough fit in my opinion.
Now I just need time to see if it stays on or falls off lol.

View attachment 24018

View attachment 24021

View attachment 24022

View attachment 24023
It’s the same one. I didn’t like it because it wasn’t completely flush on the sides. And after a while the finish got destroyed in the sun because it’s cheap plastic, so I took it off. I even tried sanding it and repainting it, but the plastic left a bad surface it wasn’t worth fixing so I threw it in the trash. I don’t recommend it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts