5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the wife's Impreza in today for it's second oil change and tire rotation (13K miles) and man i just have to compliment my dealership again! i absolutely love taking our vehicles there! everybody in the place is so nice and want you to have the best experience. while i was waiting i walked the lot and looked at the new vehicles, mostly WRX's since that is what i plan to get when my daughter takes my Crosstrek. everybody there knows me so i don't get hassled by the sale team but instead i get a very nice visit from the sales manager because my normal salesman isn' there today. he simply asks "is there anything he can do to make my wait more comfortable"? he knew i was there just waiting on the service to be done, but the fact that the mgr came out and asked made me feel at home. he even offered to let me take one of the WRX's for a spin. i declined simply because i know once i drive one, i am hooked. so driving one now would be premature. my daughter doesn't get her license for another year.

so after wondering the lot a while i went in the showroom and sat down in the lounge they have for customers. while sitting there i noticed a donation display to help the Forsyth Humane Society. if you bring in dog or cat supplies for donations they will give you a very cool plush chew toy for your dog. the toy is a stuffed Subaru CrossTrek or Pawstrek as the tag says. how cool is that? even your dog can get the Subaru treatment! i asked them to hold 2 of them for me so i could get them for my 2 Yorkies, and i would bring in some dog items next week. they even have some photo props for you to bring in your dog(s) and you can take their pic of them acting like they are driving a car. i am so glad we chose Subaru! we are huge dog lovers and so is Subaru!

well, that's my story for the day. hope everybody had a nice Saturday!

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
I agree! My local dealer did a complete re-model, the waiting area has a HUGE TV and leather chairs. It also has a kitchen area that is always stocked with stuff to drink, donuts, granola bars, candy etc. There are bar stools and bar tables to sit and of course free wifi.

Probably doesn't compare to what upscale makers have but it is pretty nice to me! :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Someone is paying for that . . .

·
Banned
115 Posts
SOA forced my local subaru dealer to expand or lose his right to sell subies. They have the worst service of any dealership I have ever been to. You have to schedule oil changes like a month in advance. The only real benefit is that they will come to the plant and pick up our cars and do the service while we are at work and bring it back. Then their service manager stood and argued with me over the window switch lights saying that the drivers side is the only switch that is lit even on a limited.....he started stuttering and back peddling when he found out I work at the plant and was testing the cars at that point...(now I?m doing repairs on them). Needless to say now that employees can use Indianapolis dealerships to get the same lease incentives that used to be only available at the local dealer, my next lease will be from 50 miles away!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Actually it's very common now for the car manufacturers to force the dealerships to do a refresh and upgrade things as sales continue to do well. Went into a Kia dealership when I was looking (2 of them) and they were both spiffed up alot, 100% redone, and it made a very good impression. The manager of one told me they make them do it...or else, they have an image to protect. Now only if the Kia dealerships would also "upgrade their attitude", that would help, but they didn't match the showroom unfortunately and I was done there.

I also went to like 3 Mazda dealerships when I was looking, and while I loved the cars, they were the most dingiest and outdated showrooms I had seen, didn't match the cars at all, so Mazda should fix that. Would also not go back in there again. Why do you think the Mercedes dealership feels like a luxury resort?

So showroom condition matters a lot and the companies know it!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I agree! My local dealer did a complete re-model, the waiting area has a HUGE TV and leather chairs. It also has a kitchen area that is always stocked with stuff to drink, donuts, granola bars, candy etc. There are bar stools and bar tables to sit and of course free wifi.

Probably doesn't compare to what upscale makers have but it is pretty nice to me! :)
Sounds like Van Bortel.

Fortunately they're opening a new location in Henrietta, a Rochester suburb. I won't have to drive out to their Victor location anymore!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Fortunately (for me) they say they're going to keep the Victor location open; it's just a couple of miles from where I work. Driving to Henrietta would be a PITA for me. But, we'll see. It's hard to imagine them having two Subaru dealers open in the same area. They'd both be working for the same customer pool. Kitty's savvy enough that she'll probably turn the Victor location into a different brand.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Fortunately (for me) they say they're going to keep the Victor location open; it's just a couple of miles from where I work. Driving to Henrietta would be a PITA for me. But, we'll see. It's hard to imagine them having two Subaru dealers open in the same area. They'd both be working for the same customer pool. Kitty's savvy enough that she'll probably turn the Victor location into a different brand.
I was discussing that with a buddy last week. We wondered if they could justify keeping it as Subaru. We figured if not it'd become a used car center or another brand. They also have a Ford from Van Bortel and he sometimes gets his Subaru serviced at their Ford location, so I suppose you might still be able to go there even if it's not Subaru for minor service. Wouldn't likely work for major service.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
My dealership did their remodel a few years ago. Instead of expanding all they did was remodel. Now they wish they had expanded when they had the chance. Subaru's are selling in high numbers in my area.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
our dealership isn't huge by no means, but it is spotless. it is very modern and clean. definitely a nicer dealership than most in our area. as one poster said about his Mazda dealership, our local Mazda hasn't remodeled since the 90's. it is absolutely horrible. and don't even get me started on the Hyundai and Kia dealerships. yuck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts