5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here, I’ve looked all over and have not found a definite answer. Is it possible (worth it) to put a shifter stop on a 2018 sport? I have a decent amount of play in the gears and would like to have a more solid feel. Has anyone installed one?

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,300 Posts
What is a shifter stop? Do you have a link?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My initial search brought me to this:
Perrin Shifter Stop
No idea about the use case is necessary or if it applies to our cars (my memory tells me that the 5 speed Imprezas use a rod connection to the transmission vs. the 6 speed’s cable connection)

But I guess if it’s an issue you want to try, can’t hurt to check under the leather boot before ordering to confirm the setup is the same as the 6 speeds.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,300 Posts
That is for the 6 speed which is a diffent setup than the 5 speed. I had that type of shifter on my BRZ. It had a reverse lock out ring. Not something that will fit our cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To be honest I have a 17 and the shifter ( manual ) is extremely tight ….. In the “old” days (2003) there was a rubber ring/gasket from below that was swapped when the shifter became loose/soft and also helped get things back to center and enter the correct gear ….. probably they are much more refined in 2018 but just a very small thought …..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts