5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 5dr base Impreza, nothing on top. I never had a roof rack but I feel that with warmer weather coming, I would like to put things like bicycles or a canoe/kayak up there. What's a good aftermarket system to put? I think my local REI has a bunch of stuff but I have no idea how this process works.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Always loved Thule but I don't see any products listed for the 2017 Impreza so far. They have some real quality products and are very highly rated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thule has the 2017 Impreza listed now. While you can go with a direct roof mount, my suggestion would be to get the factory side rails (which look great as a bonus) and go with the either the Aeroblade Edge (which goes directly on the rails) or the Aeroblade with Crossroad foot pack. The benefit to the Aeroblade and footpack is that you can go with a longer crossbar that overhangs the rails by a few inches and get extra space. That's the way I've gone. My Impreza came with the factory rails and I had the Aeroblade and foot pack from my last car, so the choice was easy for me - nothing new to buy. I've had that system on my Mazda CX-5 for the last 4 years and love it. The forum isn't letting me post a link, but go to thule.com and use the Fit My Car tool to see the options

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thule has the 2017 Impreza listed now. While you can go with a direct roof mount, my suggestion would be to get the factory side rails (which look great as a bonus) and go with the either the Aeroblade Edge (which goes directly on the rails) or the Aeroblade with Crossroad foot pack. The benefit to the Aeroblade and footpack is that you can go with a longer crossbar that overhangs the rails by a few inches and get extra space. That's the way I've gone. My Impreza came with the factory rails and I had the Aeroblade and foot pack from my last car, so the choice was easy for me - nothing new to buy. I've had that system on my Mazda CX-5 for the last 4 years and love it. The forum isn't letting me post a link, but go to thule.com and use the Fit My Car tool to see the options
Is it even possible to install the factory side rails on the Base or Sport trim models?
Selecting the 5-door 2017 impreza shows no results on the Thule website for fix-point mounts.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is it even possible to install the factory side rails on the Base or Sport trim models?
Selecting the 5-door 2017 impreza shows no results on the Thule website for fix-point mounts.
I done a google search on "2017 Subaru impreza roof rails" & got this part # 91151FL10A but the "what this fits" section only lists the Limited & Premium. I'm sure it would fit but best check with your local dealership.

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, argofoto, Thule did finally release, a few weeks ago, a FitKit for the 17-18 Impreza with fixed points on the roof. REI's website doesn't have it yet, but I have a set coming from eTrailer. This kit uses two studs per foot, unlike some other options, so it should be pretty sturdy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone confirmed the factory siderails will fit the sport and base trims?? I hate the look of the fixed crossbars but liked everything else about the sport.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the 2017 Subaru Impreza. #E361SFL200: Crossbar Set- Fixed (5 Door) but I can't find the correct clamps for either my Yakima Powerhound ski rack or my Yakima Hullraiser kayak rack. Has anyone else been able to find the correct crossbar clamp kit? I previously had both of these racks on another vehicle with Yakima round bars. Hoping I don't need to buy new racks to fit the Subaru crossbars!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts