5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sirius XM Trial Information:

All NEW Subaru vehicles equipped with satellite radio will receive:
• A 4-month trial subscription to the SiriusXM All Access audio package.
• A 3-year subscription to SiriusXM All Access audio package on Outback Touring trim.

All MY16+ properly equipped vehicles with navigation systems will also receive:
• 3 years of SiriusXM Traffic (where available) and SiriusXM Travel Link services with the activation fee waived.

All CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED and ELIGIBLE PRE-OWNED satellite radio-equipped vehicles will receive:
• A 3-month trial subscription to the All Access audio package.

https://www.siriusxmdealer.com/dealer-resources/subaru

·
Registered
730 Posts
Good post. Now I know why it wouldn't work recently. lol. I listened to stations 51 & 52 mostly, but not renewing it, I don't think it's worth it. I have Amazon Music Unlimited that's enough.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't plan on renewing once the 4 month trial is over, but I know many information features won't work as they require active SXM subscription.

·
Registered
469 Posts
So you can try it but you can't :confused: I haven't had a chance to figure mine out yet!

·
Registered
149 Posts
So you can try it but you can't :confused: I haven't had a chance to figure mine out yet!
What do you mean ? go to radio, choose SXM and just go through the stations. make sure you are in an open place, because Sat radio need clear skies. if you have anything on your roof that might also interfere with reception.

·
Registered
149 Posts
BTW - SiriusXM will renew to the full package with all the channels, so if you only like music, they have a limited subscription just for that at a much lower cost (might have other packages but I'm not a big fan of them anyway). Listening to music it always sound like mp3 at low bitrate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I bought a 2019 Impreza Touring but I do not have the SXM option when i click the radio button. Only FM and AM. The dealership people are jerks and said they can't help out and that i should just google the issue. Can anyone please help me out? Do I need to contact Subaru Canada or am i missing something here?

·
Registered
112 Posts
BTW - SiriusXM will renew to the full package with all the channels, so if you only like music, they have a limited subscription just for that at a much lower cost (might have other packages but I'm not a big fan of them anyway). Listening to music it always sound like mp3 at low bitrate.
Do you have an estimate of what the limited subscription amount is, per year? This option interests me. Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sirius XM is not offered in Canada, only in the U.S.. That's why you don't get it.

As far as the limited subscription, you CAN get it for as little as $5/month, depending on the salesman you get. If the guy you talk to on the phone doesn't offer it to you, just hang up and try again the next day. Eventually you will get a sales agent who will offer this to you.

·
Banned
417 Posts
Sirius XM is not offered in Canada, only in the U.S.. That's why you don't get it.

As far as the limited subscription, you CAN get it for as little as $5/month, depending on the salesman you get. If the guy you talk to on the phone doesn't offer it to you, just hang up and try again the next day. Eventually you will get a sales agent who will offer this to you.
That's contrary to everything I read both before, when tkango first asked the question, and now.

There is a lot of information that confirms that SeriusXM is available in Canada and works for existing subscribers travelling to Canada from the USA.

SeriusXM is available here:

@tkango should persevere with his questions.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza 5DR Limited (CVT) w/ES & NAV
49 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts