5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Pumped to have found this forum. Didn't look too terribly hard...but found y'all the other night, and am so stoked to have a place to learn about my car, others experiences, and check out other builds so close to my own. I was fortunate enough to buy mine in 2017 brand new! Just passed 60K you know I'm gonna be in those maintenance threads reading sooner than later! Have a bunch to do D: I've been slacking since I started travel nursing almost a year ago. Of course, my first assignment beyond 1 state away & I have a fun burning smell with oil on the timing cover...Over 1,000 miles away from all my tools I'll be exploring this different for sure. Love the car to pieces though, just trying to stop her from becoming pieces! Have to HIGHLY recommend anyone with the MT turn off the hill assist ASAP, unless you're new to MT. Otherwise I've yet to find any amazingly fun tips to share in a quick intro post. Look forward to community with everyone! I'm from Albuquerque, currently travel nursing wherever this AWD system will take me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sure wish I could get the RPM hang when you push the clutch in while shifting, to go away!
I could not agree more! that'd sure be a dream.
I don't know that I follow or understand "extra notchy shifting" the hill assist was only ever in first gear. As an experienced manual driver if basically made all of my take offs into practical launches because it wouldn't truly engage the clutch until it was too late and suddenly I was bouncing around. It's a weird sequence, but it changed the WHOLE driving around town experience. Terrible feature imo.
My other recent issue is a loud click/clack when the AC compressor engages.....maybe it runs when the AC is off, I think that's the noise. But I hear it mostly when taking off a loud sound like something was stuck. Will be replacing my accessory belt soon due to age/wearNtear. maybe that will help it go away fingers crossed

·
Registered
90 Posts
As an experienced manual driver if basically made all of my take offs into practical launches because it wouldn't truly engage the clutch until it was too late and suddenly I was bouncing around
Ok, this is probably what I was experiencing. It did feel like I was in first gear longer than I should be, so when I shifted to second I felt some weird notchiness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts