5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple PA winters and some dealer washes left quite a few swirl marks in the paint. What better time than now to fix it.

These are the products I found that work best. In order from right to left. The new hydro slick wax is amazing. But the paint surface has to be damn near perfectly smooth for easy application and removal. But water just rolls off it.

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
1,828 Posts
Was itching to do that today but the temps are still a bit cool and we have several days of rain ahead of us so I just did some yard work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jealous! One of the first days we broke 50 degrees here and i'm still working until tomorrow so my cars been sitting in it's own filth since the snow started to melt.
Been itching to get a pressure washer with a foam cannon to make things more entertaining.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is stuck working from home. So I was able to wash it yesterday and let it dry for a day and bring it into the garage to detail without her needed it.

High of 55 so figured I would get it out of the way before sweating my ass off doing it.

And sadly it’s supposed to rain all weekend so we shall see how good of a job I did applying the wax!

·
Registered
62 Posts
For sure! That's my plan, I get hot quick so this is a perfect temp.
I've got a little list going for mine.

-swap winters back to the factory 18"s
-swap mudflap that doesn't match the others
-clean the outside and inside
-remove vinyl livery
-swap damaged window stickers
-maybe swap the grille if I can get one without being murdered by gf

·
Registered
62 Posts
Keep meaning to do tint. But every time I find something else to spend the money on lol

Yeaaah i'd like to do tint as well, especially working at a shop that does it all the time.
I'm leasing so i'm nervous that even if I followed legal limits they'd make me pay to take it off so I haven't pulled the trigger.

What chemicals do you use for cleaning btw? Anything specific?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMG_6701.jpg

Thought I posted the pic. I guess I didn’t. But this is what I use from right to left. And chemical guys honey dew wash.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
205 Posts
I cleaned mine up before putting it away for the summer but my son had to borrow my Miata for the next month or so. I've uncovered the Impreza but honestly haven't' driven it more than maybe 10 feet so far. I did clean it up before covering it though. The car doen't have a lot of miles on it so the paint is in good shape still.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts