5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Hope everyone is doing well and taking care during the recent events and virus situation.
I'm a little surprised things on the forum have been so quiet in general the last couple days, figured if most were stuck at home or advised to avoid being out that there would have been more internet activity.

I guess it's not a bad thing, family time and other matters are obviously more important. But if anyones bored, feel free to chime in and start some random discussions. Or update some other threads on cool things that I can work on for Impreza, haha. We're pretty much shutdown on most things around me at this point, so I've been using the car to try and keep myself entertained.

Anyway, once again, hope everyone is well and stay safe.

·
Banned
141 Posts
I honestly think that some people are just nervous to bring it up around people they don’t know personally. It still brings very mixed reactions, anything between people freaking out about how the government started it and it’s a ploy to get trump out, to the more science based reactions worried about the future. My wife and I have gotten every response imaginable from the people we work with and so much of it is so crazy it just makes ya not want to bring it up anymore. That’s my theory anyways.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Many people who don't have Government jobs are either laid off or nervous about the future. My project was cut short 5 weeks because of this and while I'm used to being unemployed (Freelance) many of my co-workers have only been around for the good times and didn't spend/save properly these last 10 years. I'll be fine, but I tend to absorb negativity and unhappiness from others so I'm a little bummed out. I just bought a new Tacoma that I need to do some things to (no, my Impreza isn't going anywhere!) so I'll have plenty to keep me busy. My Impreza could use a good waxing as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you are both correct with that stuff, mixed reactions and people in changed/scared situations. Luckily, my wife has the ability to still keep working from home as her office is pretty much shut down right now.

And we can chat about anything anyone wants here, didnt have to be about the specific situation, but this is also a good community for support and advice, no matter what the situation. I was just surprised that there wasnt much Impreza talk going on and I guess trying to jumpstart some stuff in the other sub forums.

My car also needs a good handwashing and waxing, but that difficult to get done living at an apartment complex. It's usually a weekend visit to a friends place and borrowing some driveway space and the hose, and temps are still just a little under what's comfortable for that. Been going to a self serve and at least rinsing then spray wax and rinse again. I never use those brushes, who knows what's in them from other people's cars. Years ago, saw a guy basically mucking out the back of his dirty and rock hauling pickup bed with the brush, haven't used one since.

As always, stay safe and hope all are well.

·
Registered
2019 Sport 5MT
52 Posts
I've actually been more busy than usual during this time. I think the reason for this is my 1st, 2nd and 3rd grader are home and the wife and I are trying to still teach them. The high school I teach at has been shut down as well, so that opens up time, but it's much easier to teach Calculus or Pre-Calculus to upper-classmen than trying to get my 2nd grader to read. I felt like I worked for a week after our first day with our kids. Plus, it's been rainy here, so they can't go outside to run off energy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts