5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to upgrade the sound system in my 2017 Impreza Sport and I can’t find the watts for the stock stereo online. Anyone know where I can find this information?

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's very low. I'd say around 5W RMS. You really need to install some type of amp to get anything out of new speakers. I picked up a like new Alpine KTP 445U on ebay for around $100. It fits with room to spare under the stock stereo in the dash. There are plenty of videos out there about this AMP. It did wonders for the sound in my 2017 Sport along with some decent new speakers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a base model and am going to try some Infinity reference 6x9's, they have a 94db sensitivity which is higher than stock, so in essence they will play louder with the stock head unit. I don't like the hassle of adding separate amps and they always cause me issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a base model and am going to try some Infinity reference 6x9's, they have a 94db sensitivity which is higher than stock, so in essence they will play louder with the stock head unit. I don't like the hassle of adding separate amps and they always cause me issues.
I hope it works out. I'd be interested to know how it sounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts