5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2020 Impreza Sport has just stopped warning me when I exceed the speed limit. Does anyone know where / how this warning is turned-on / off?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
205 Posts
There a speed limit warning? I had no idea, maybe it's something new in 2020 but I don't think my 2019 Sport has one,other than when my wife is in the car. That's usually her job, apparently...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, however, I am not asking if I have this feature, I know I have it, it worked until late last week. And, no, I do not have Subaru's nav feature, this feature appears to be Starlink related, however, it is not the nanny like speed warning that contacts the owner when the car exceeds a set speed. This function simply announced when I exceeded the posted speed limit. Does anyone know how to restore this feature?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't know how with starlink but for NAV I always have Waze running, it has a speed limit function too. It also has the added benefit of letting you know where hazards, traffic and speed traps are real time. Just a thought if you can't find how to get it working.

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is strictly a shot in the dark as I don't have this feature...

I know I've read that some manufacturers use the cameras in the cars to do sign recognition. I don't know it that's the case with Subaru's eyesight system or not but is it possible that there is dirt on the camera lens or windshield preventing recognition? Any issues with the other eyesight related functions by any chance?

Also (assuming it is camera recognition), you also have to assume that there would be a timeout if it hasn't seen a sign in a long while. Are you possibly driving on a road with little to no signage?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is strictly a shot in the dark as I don't have this feature...

I know I've read that some manufacturers use the cameras in the cars to do sign recognition. I don't know it that's the case with Subaru's eyesight system or not but is it possible that there is dirt on the camera lens or windshield preventing recognition? Any issues with the other eyesight related functions by any chance?
Thanks for asking, no, all other Eyesight functions are working perfectly. I believe that this is StarLink related, however, I cannot determine how to turn this feature back on.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I did some searching and see people mostly complaining about the warning but it's definitely related to starlink. I'm only seeing how to stop it which seems to involve deleting the starlink app from the phone. I wonder if you delete and reinstall starlink maybe it will start working again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did some searching and see people mostly complaining about the warning but it's definitely related to starlink. I'm only seeing how to stop it which seems to involve deleting the starlink app from the phone. I wonder if you delete and reinstall starlink maybe it will start working again.
Thanks! I will probably try that. More to come on if that approach does / does not fix this. Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts