5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the OEM Subaru splash guards will work on the sport? It looks like the sport side skirts/spoilers might interfere.

I have a white premium model, but thinking about buying the OEM side skirts/spoliers (they are actually pretty inexpensive) and having them vinyl wrapped in black rather than painted. I have the OEM splash guards. Trying to see if they will both work with each other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anybody know if the OEM Subaru splash guards will work on the sport? It looks like the sport side skirts/spoilers might interfere.

I have a white premium model, but thinking about buying the OEM side skirts/spoliers (they are actually pretty inexpensive) and having them vinyl wrapped in black rather than painted. I have the OEM splash guards. Trying to see if they will both work with each other.
Yes they make the guards for the sport just make sure you tell them it is a sport my first set was for a std. and no way will they fit

·
Registered
18 Posts
Splash guards are specific to model- I ordered & put them on my sport. Really not much coverage, just enough to keep the lower back leading edge of the fender and skirt (and bumper edge in back) from getting sandblasted.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Rally Armor are great but I don't care for the look of them. I like the custom molded units that fit the car like a glove from Subaru. Depends on where you live and what you're trying to protect your car from. If I lived on a dirt road with lots of stones...Rally Armor...for everything else the Subaru OEM work well and look great.

·
Registered
89 Posts
anybody have pictures

Anybody have pictures of a Sport with splash guards? I would like to see how it looks and the picture on the Subaru web site doesn't give much of a view.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
They don't look much different than on a conventional Impreza 5dr. I have them on my loaded Limited and they look great!

·
Registered
24 Posts
As mentioned there are SPORT specific guards. If they are anything like the Crosstrek guards as far as fit, when you take one off you will see where the guards chafe the paint. Thats one of the reasons I went with Rally Armor on my XV. If Subaru had put a vinyl guard behind the mud guards that would be a help.

RokBlokz does make a shorter mud guard for cars that are lowered or you dont want the huge flap almost touching the ground.

Bob

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the pictures of the Subaru mud guards - it gives me a better idea. I didn't know they wrapped around so much. So what's the verdict? You guys like them or not?
Buffalo410 - you took off the Subaru guards and put on Rally Armor. Don't like the Subaru ones or just wanted more protection?

·
Super Moderator
745 Posts
My neighbor has an Impreza 5dr w/ the OEM splash guards and his car is always dirty around the wheel well. The majority of roads in my area are asphalt and this guy is definitely not off roading. IMO, they offer little to no protection.

Rally Armor offers better protection. However it's not a look that everyone likes. To each their own, but I'd chose Rally Armor over the OEM splash guards.

·
Super Moderator
1,704 Posts
To me the Rally Armor splash guards change the look of the car, not bad, not good just change it. Kind of like the owner is trying to make it look like a rally car. I guess if I drove non paved roads daily I would use them for sure. The little ones that Subaru puts on give some protection for sure but certainly not what the long ones do.

Personally I feel what Rally Armor charges for slabs of cut rubber is a complete rip off. You can get the same thing at Pep Boys without the little Rally Armor stickers for twenty bucks or less. (but I am cheap)

No matter what you put on your car the area behind the wheel well is going to get damaged because Subie paint sucks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks for the pictures of the Subaru mud guards - it gives me a better idea. I didn't know they wrapped around so much. So what's the verdict? You guys like them or not?
Buffalo410 - you took off the Subaru guards and put on Rally Armor. Don't like the Subaru ones or just wanted more protection?
No I like the Subaru ones, the way they looked, I just needed more protection. Keeping salt and snow/ice build up off from behind the wheels in my expirence I needed the bigger mud flap. The Subaru ones if you?re in a warm climate should be enough to keep small rocks and dirt off your car. I also like the look of the rally armor sonot never really was much of a choice for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
anybody have pictures

Anybody have pictures of a Sport with splash guards? I would like to see how it looks and the picture on the Subaru web site doesn't give much of a view.
Bringing back from the dead. Ordered some Rally Armor for my Sport, just poking around to look for pics of them installed. The OEM ones look nice but for the most part are useless as mud flaps in my experience.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I feel the same way. My Impreza came with the OE splash guards and I'm looking to replace them in the near future because they really don't do much.
I'll post up pics after I put mine on. While I can't argue that the Rally Armor are a little over the top looks wise, it's hard to argue that they are very effective. I also feel it's a good idea to have some sort of mud flaps to be kind to the people behind you. I've gotten a number of cracked windscreens over the years. Around here they like to use that "chip and seal" road cover. Where they put down tar then gravel. I avoid it like the plague when they do it but sometimes you can't.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts