5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bringing back from the dead. Ordered some Rally Armor for my Sport, just poking around to look for pics of them installed. The OEM ones look nice but for the most part are useless as mud flaps in my experience.
Here you go, with the stock wheels and raised with Method MR501 VT-Spec 15s. My car is the same color as yours so it'll give you a good idea of what they'll look like. I got the gray Rally Armor logo, but I kind of wish I got the red.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
361 Posts
Nice! thanks they look good. Mine are slated to arrive on Friday :) I debated on gray but went with the red. Hopefully it's close the car's color.

·
Registered
456 Posts
After have rockblokz on for a year. Looking at stock height cars with out them feels weird.

It’s so nice not having splatter or rock chips on the sides of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here you go, with the stock wheels and raised with Method MR501 VT-Spec 15s
Lift kit or raised from the tire change? I like the look of it like that, but I also like the look of the stock height and setup (mine is same color and factory rims, just ordered rally armors with the red logo) Had a long internal debate between the gray and red myself, thought gray was subtle and clean, thought red might be too flashy looking, back and forth till my wife said just get the red ones so it matches haha.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Lift kit or raised from the tire change? I like the look of it like that, but I also like the look of the stock height and setup (mine is same color and factory rims, just ordered rally armors with the red logo) Had a long internal debate between the gray and red myself, thought gray was subtle and clean, thought red might be too flashy looking, back and forth till my wife said just get the red ones so it matches haha.
Both lift kit (2" front, 2.5" rear) and tire change. I'm running 215/70/15 on Yokohama Geolandar AT/S. I'll probably get the new Falken Wildpeak AT Trail once they wear down and Falken has them available. I agree that the flaps look cool both lifted and stock.

I'm a more subdued person so I thought the gray would be better, but since dirt collects on the flap the red won't be too prominent. The red seems pretty close to our red color, or at least it doesn't clash. On a side note I've seen so many red Impreza Sports on this forum (seems like the most common color), but have yet to see another red Sport in person. Maybe I'm the only person in the Los Angeles area with one.

I got into a car accident (got rear ended) and if it turns out the shop couldn't save my flaps since one of my fenders is messed up I'll probably go and get the red ones. :) I can't wait to see what it looks like on your's and peaty's!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've installed my RA mudflaps here are some better shots of the OEM ones and the new ones installed at the link. https://photos.app.goo.gl/hzWUXrWZTtfwk9ru9

The install wasn't too bad at all. The materials are top notch. I was able to do it without removing the wheels but I did use a 90° angle screwdriver for the rears.

I'll get some wider shots after I wash the car :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Oh they come with a cat too? Lol.

If I leave any box out, ours will do the same thing. Mine wont be here till Monday, but I'm excited to see how good they are gonna look from seeing them on your car.

The OEM ones really dont look significant at all, the rear looks a little more functional than the front, but the RAs look like they are going to do a much better job. Thanks for posting pictures of them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I know the cat trap works! I was able to level them pretty easily too so they look nice and even.

The rears were pretty simple to install. For all 4 flaps you reuse only the very bottom plastic fastener that holds the liner to the bottom part of the body. The fronts were a little more tricky in that you have to place the three plastic clips, put the liner back while placing the metal bracket. Getting the lining seated at the bottom is a little tricky you just have to be sure all the holes line up. On one side I knocked a few of the backing clips off and had to start over once or twice. All in all not too difficult. I like the look but that is subjective. The functionality is no up for debate though, these will work well.
20191206_175633-01.jpeg

·
Registered
361 Posts
First snow storm of the season. Mushy slush and packed snow. Super glad I got them on before winter hit. They did a great job of keeping the sides and bottom rails in the front clean . It's also a lot easier to kick off the snow boogers before I pull in the garage :)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts