5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I picked up a Crystal White Pearl 2017 Impreza Sport 5 door early February. Unfortunately had to bring her back and tack a loaner Crosstrek after 3 weeks.... Hopefully they fix all the issues and I'll love the car for years to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear. What issues did you encounter?
Sorry never subscribed to the thread so I'm just now seeing this.

The infotainment has been reprogrammed and it still messed up and then it was replaced and it still freezes frequently as well as emits a static distortion through the speakers when the car is put in reverse if any audio is playing. The top left dash speaker sounds blown, it is quieter than the right one if you slide the balance back and forth and is scratchy as well. Ongoing issue for a lot of people maybe including you?

They confirmed at the dealership and with Subaru that the front and rear bumpers have paint defects and the front does not line up with the front right quarter panel. The seem is noticeably off compared to the driverside. I'm still awaiting for the call that they have a bodyshop lined up as of now...

Been hearing and sometimes feeling something from the front-end while basically coasting or rolling under 20mph over bumps. Sounds like a bad strut to be honest but I hope not. Going in on Friday for this.

Feeling the car and steering wheel vibrate, feels almost like the engine bogs down at random speeds when given light acceleration to for instance maintain speed with a light press. Others have been experiencing this sensation as well and some have mentioned a recall for reprogramming but I'm told at the dealer there is no update other than the infotainment and an ECM update for fuel evaporation issues.

My tires are really loud at both low speed like when maneuvering in a parking lot they sound like they are wobbling as well as at highway speeds where it sounds more like a howl.

Have had many interior noise issues, some still remain. One they fixed which was right by the drivers head and a really annoying rattle in the roof caused by a cable for the map light cluster tapping on the headliner. Still have an occasional temperature dependent creaking that sounds like an old floor board coming from somewhere in the dash as well as a snap sound that happens repetitively at times when the car leans or the body rolls in any direction. Sounds like someone steps on a stick and it appears to be in the rear passenger door somewhere but hard to pinpoint loud and obnoxious. Would drown out by the radio but we'll sometimes I lose control of the volume so...

Both of my front windows keep getting grease streaks on the inside after they've been rolled up and down a few times. No matter how many times I clean them it reappears. It's like they are too lubed up and comes in contact inside the door somehow.

I'm sure I've forgotten some of it but you get the idea.... I want to claim it as a lemon as it is one in my book. Pretty bummed with my first Subaru experience. Corporate pretty much doesn't care either so looks like I ride the wave a bit then go through the legal motions if things don't clear up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
great looking car! sorry about the issues you've been experiencing. i was ready to pull the trigger on one a couple months ago, but now i'm going to try and wait a couple more months to see if the gremlins have been fixed. hope it gives you many years of pleasant driving!

·
Registered
730 Posts

The infotainment has been reprogrammed and it still messed up and then it was replaced and it still freezes frequently as well as emits a static distortion through the speakers when the car is put in reverse if any audio is playing. The top left dash speaker sounds blown, it is quieter than the right one if you slide the balance back and forth and is scratchy as well. Ongoing issue for a lot of people maybe including you?

They confirmed at the dealership and with Subaru that the front and rear bumpers have paint defects and the front does not line up with the front right quarter panel. The seem is noticeably off compared to the driverside. I'm still awaiting for the call that they have a bodyshop lined up as of now...

Been hearing and sometimes feeling something from the front-end while basically coasting or rolling under 20mph over bumps. Sounds like a bad strut to be honest but I hope not. Going in on Friday for this.

Feeling the car and steering wheel vibrate, feels almost like the engine bogs down at random speeds when given light acceleration to for instance maintain speed with a light press. Others have been experiencing this sensation as well and some have mentioned a recall for reprogramming but I'm told at the dealer there is no update other than the infotainment and an ECM update for fuel evaporation issues.

My tires are really loud at both low speed like when maneuvering in a parking lot they sound like they are wobbling as well as at highway speeds where it sounds more like a howl.

Have had many interior noise issues, some still remain. One they fixed which was right by the drivers head and a really annoying rattle in the roof caused by a cable for the map light cluster tapping on the headliner. Still have an occasional temperature dependent creaking that sounds like an old floor board coming from somewhere in the dash as well as a snap sound that happens repetitively at times when the car leans or the body rolls in any direction. Sounds like someone steps on a stick and it appears to be in the rear passenger door somewhere but hard to pinpoint loud and obnoxious. Would drown out by the radio but we'll sometimes I lose control of the volume so...

Both of my front windows keep getting grease streaks on the inside after they've been rolled up and down a few times. No matter how many times I clean them it reappears. It's like they are too lubed up and comes in contact inside the door somehow.

I'm sure I've forgotten some of it but you get the idea.... I want to claim it as a lemon as it is one in my book. Pretty bummed with my first Subaru experience. Corporate pretty much doesn't care either so looks like I ride the wave a bit then go through the legal motions if things don't clear up.
This is what I have experienced or my opinions (I'm not an expert):

- In regards to the infotainment system, it froze on me once but when I checked on it a few hours later it was fine. Stations I program on occasion seem to disappear & I have to reprogram them again. Have not experienced any issues with the backup camera, YET lol.
- The speakers I noticed when I had the bass at max the speakers would make strange noises as if the connections were being disconnected & reconnected. Have since just reset the EQ settings & have not experienced this since.
- If the bumpers need to be repainted or aligned, if possible have this work performed at a shop that you have previously been to or trust. Do not allow the dealership to have this work done for you because usually (some dealerships) will have mobile auto body people come do it in the parking lot which usually leads to the paint chipping or dirt present in the paint, because the bumpers are not prepped to spec that's why auto body shops have paint booths.
- The tires are definitely loud I have experienced this also, but doesn't bother me that much.
- Regarding the grease streaks on the windows, the outer/inner belt mouldings may need to be replaced. These are the only items that the window comes in contact with. The window regulator just brings the window down/up. Perhaps there is grease buildup on the outer/inner belt mouldings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This is what I have experienced or my opinions (I'm not an expert):

- In regards to the infotainment system, it froze on me once but when I checked on it a few hours later it was fine. Stations I program on occasion seem to disappear & I have to reprogram them again. Have not experienced any issues with the backup camera, YET lol.
- The speakers I noticed when I had the bass at max the speakers would make strange noises as if the connections were being disconnected & reconnected. Have since just reset the EQ settings & have not experienced this since.
- If the bumpers need to be repainted or aligned, if possible have this work performed at a shop that you have previously been to or trust. Do not allow the dealership to have this work done for you because usually (some dealerships) will have mobile auto body people come do it in the parking lot which usually leads to the paint chipping or dirt present in the paint, because the bumpers are not prepped to spec that's why auto body shops have paint booths.
- The tires are definitely loud I have experienced this also, but doesn't bother me that much.
- Regarding the grease streaks on the windows, the outer/inner belt mouldings may need to be replaced. These are the only items that the window comes in contact with. The window regulator just brings the window down/up. Perhaps there is grease buildup on the outer/inner belt mouldings.
I appreciate the insight. I will definitely make sure they use a reliable shop. The claim to be sending it over to one local to the dealership but were unsure if they would do it for the price SOA approved.

Wish you didn't have the tire noise but I'm kinda glad someone else is also experiencing this and confirms I'm not crazy lol. Not a big fan of Brigestone tires. My last car came with Brigestone also and only lasted about 20k miles before I felt they needed replacing. Hope these last longer but I doubt it.

The dealer said overtime the grease marks should stop appearing but it is quite annoying and I don't want them to have to rip the door panels off as I'm afraid it would cause more noises as I've had work done on the windows of another car before and had awful rattles afterward.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I appreciate the insight. I will definitely make sure they use a reliable shop. The claim to be sending it over to one local to the dealership but were unsure if they would do it for the price SOA approved.

Wish you didn't have the tire noise but I'm kinda glad someone else is also experiencing this and confirms I'm not crazy lol. Not a big fan of Brigestone tires. My last car came with Brigestone also and only lasted about 20k miles before I felt they needed replacing. Hope these last longer but I doubt it.

The dealer said overtime the grease marks should stop appearing but it is quite annoying and I don't want them to have to rip the door panels off as I'm afraid it would cause more noises as I've had work done on the windows of another car before and had awful rattles afterward.

Thanks again!
I got the Yokohama's on mine. Your definitely not crazy lol. I just drive with the radio volume at or above 20. Can't even hear my own thoughts sometimes haha. The grease marks would drive me insane coz I like my car to be spotless inside & out. Removing & re-installing the door trim panels shouldn't cause any noises as long as they are careful & re-attach all the clips & screws. This is something you could even do yourself if you have some tools.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Thanks again!
I got the Yokohama's on mine. Your definitely not crazy lol. I just drive with the radio volume at or above 20. Can't even hear my own thoughts sometimes haha. The grease marks would drive me insane coz I like my car to be spotless inside & out. Removing & re-installing the door trim panels shouldn't cause any noises as long as they are careful & re-attach all the clips & screws. This is something you could even do yourself if you have some tools.
Got an email last night from Subaru Of America Inc that they were prepared to give me a replacement vehicle and to chose my color and I picked it up this afternoon in Ice Silver Metallic
I'm crossing my fingers I do not have any issues with this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Got an email last night from Subaru Of America Inc that they were prepared to give me a replacement vehicle and to chose my color and I picked it up this afternoon in Ice Silver Metallic
Hopefully this one will work out for sure. The silver looks good but much prefer the white.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hopefully this one will work out for sure. The silver looks good but much prefer the white.
I liked the white a lot also but they did not have another one unfortunately. I almost went with a dark blue manual with a moomroof blindspot and harman kardon speakers but would have cost me more $. I tried to get it at the same price but they wouldnt budge lol. Worth a shot though. Here is a pic of that one.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
I liked the white a lot also but they did not have another one unfortunately. I almost went with a dark blue manual with a moomroof blindspot and harman kardon speakers but would have cost me more $. I tried to get it at the same price but they wouldnt budge lol. Worth a shot though. Here is a pic of that one.
Actually on second thought, the white gets dirty way too quick which drives me insane.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts