5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

Sport sedan hit in parking lot

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  shinfo 
#1 ·
Today when my wife was leaving home, she got hit by an employee that sat right next to her that seemed to forget to look both ways when turning. I showed up and calmed both parties down, but an accident is an accident. It's just something you never get used to. Car should be fine, we will see how AAA handles this. They were good to me in the past

Currently waiting 90 mins for a free 20 mile tow- can't complain. The upsetting thing is we planned to head up to Tahoe next week, so our plans may end up getting cancelled. I'll update as things progress. From what I saw, there was no visible frame damage and the internals for the engine compartment we're almost untouched.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry to hear about the accident. If the front wheel was involved there may be alignment and other problems; if it is just body work then you are very lucky! Glad no one was hurt!

#9 ·
Got the car back, wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. They did it in just under a week. Very impressed. Now we just wait for the insurance companies to duke it out. They even fixed a few dents on my door, unrelated to the accident.

#12 ·
Happy it turned out so well for you. My wife had a rock get shot out of one of those huge tractor mowers and puncture the drivers side quarter panel two weeks after she got her impreza. Took 2 weeks to get it fixed and they screwed up the paint on the entire car with overspray. I spent a full weekend fixing their mistakes with claybar, polish, waxing, cleaning the interior, getting paint off the engine bay and weather stripping, it was horrible. I fought it and got my money back thankfully, but all they wanted to offer was to fix it originally - there was no way I was letting them touch the car again. They also drove it over 120 miles but deny it up and down. The official mileage when we brought it in was never written down on any of their documents conveniently. I learned a lot through the experience - like take a million photos when you drop it off, take video of every part of the car you can, and document everything.

And yes, this is the dealership owned body shop.

#13 ·
I went through an insurance-owned bodyshop. No way in **** will I let a dealership or its affiliates touch my car without me being there. Last time I brought it in, the guy almost gave my car to a random guy willing to pay the $200 bill. Almost stolen right in front of me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.