5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the sport shifter assembly a direct plug and play replacement for the shifter assembly found in the base and premium models? i.e will this piece:

Car Vehicle Gear shift Automotive design Personal luxury car

Directly replace this one?

Gear shift Car Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car

And is anyone aware of the part numbers required for the Sport part? Thanks

·
Registered
'19 Impreza Premium, '22 Outback Wilderness, '98 Outback Limited
9 Posts
It is, the only thing you'll need besides the shifter is the wiring harness that attaches to the bottom of that console piece the shifter sits in. I did this a little while ago and have absolutely loved it, and it was a really easy and cheap swap!

There's a write up on how to do it and what you'll need on the Crosstrek forum, but everything is identical.

Model Year 2018 and Newer - Shifter Trim Swap

Edit: if you find the Impreza limited shifter assembly, the stitching will be silver and match all of the other silver accents quite well. Figured I'd add that as an fyi since there are a few different stitching colors available for that piece.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is the sport shifter assembly a direct plug and play replacement for the shifter assembly found in the base and premium models? i.e will this piece:

View attachment 28524

Directly replace this one?

View attachment 28525

And is anyone aware of the part numbers required for the Sport part? Thanks
Following, do you have the part#s by chance? And harness?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I might be taking this wrong, but is it possible to add paddle shifters to a base model impreza?
Edit: or is this just for the trim around the shift knob? Like the leather boot and stitching
Been trying to find this out myself, from what I’ve seen on the very limited info out there is the transmission is a different part number. Now what does that truly mean? Not sure. It could be as easy as software, or as difficult as rip and replace the trans + ECU. No idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts