5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy- I have the sport model--not sure if this includes upgraded sound--but the bass is really funky. It hits really hard on what seems to be deeper bass and then just totally misses some some bass notes. My assumption is these are mid-bass tones. It is pretty funky and really depends song to song whether it sounds good. Anybody have this issue/any suggestions? I honestly appreciated the sound in my 02 legacy running a tape adapter more :mad:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Howdy- I have the sport model--not sure if this includes upgraded sound--but the bass is really funky. It hits really hard on what seems to be deeper bass and then just totally misses some some bass notes. My assumption is these are mid-bass tones. It is pretty funky and really depends song to song whether it sounds good. Anybody have this issue/any suggestions? I honestly appreciated the sound in my 02 legacy running a tape adapter more :mad:
I have had a similar issue. Comes & goes but to me it sounds like each speaker is being disconnected & reconnected. I have the bass set to max. It depends on the song doesn't happen all the time though but when it does it's annoying.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do you have this issue when you turn the volume down a bit? I have the same problem but it only seems to happen when there are a significant amount of vocals and instruments at the same time. It's almost as if the head unit turns the bass down when the speakers are going to be overworked by trying to produce too much bass and vocals at the same time. I have heard that some newer cars will do this so you can't blow the speakers as easily.

Also I took my door off the other day and what I thought was a 6x9 was actually actually 5.25" speaker in a 6x9 housing. I'm surprised by the amount of bass available for what the speaker is.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I only experience the crackling noises when the volume is below 15. Anything above that it works perfectly.
Is this happening on all speakers? If you isolate a single speaker causing the problem then it is likely a loose connection where the signal is strong enough to "bridge the gap" so to speak. If it is all of the speakers then maybe the wiring harness to the headunit is loose or the signal from the headunit is the problem.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is this happening on all speakers? If you isolate a single speaker causing the problem then it is likely a loose connection where the signal is strong enough to "bridge the gap" so to speak. If it is all of the speakers then maybe the wiring harness to the headunit is loose or the signal from the headunit is the problem.
It's all the speakers. Anytime I went to my dealer they said they couldn't duplicate the issue, same as the cruise control light flashing issue. Next time I go for an oil change, I'll nail them to the wall so to speak.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yea if they say they can't duplicate it then make them let you show them. Tell them you know how to replicate the issue and they should let you do so.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yea if they say they can't duplicate it then make them let you show them. Tell them you know how to replicate the issue and they should let you do so.
Agreed, but like most people, I am super busy & don't have the time to spend waiting at the dealer. I did spend two hours there recently getting an oil change, tire rotation & getting a tire repaired after getting a nail in it. 2 hours just to do those three things :rolleyes::eek:

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Probably trying to keep you there so you shop around haha.

I've noticed some crackling and vibrations with the HK Audio. Overall the system is great especially for the music I listen to. I think it depends on the song sometimes. I keep my bass at even too. Speaker volume varies between 8-13.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Agreed, but like most people, I am super busy & don't have the time to spend waiting at the dealer. I did spend two hours there recently getting an oil change, tire rotation & getting a tire repaired after getting a nail in it. 2 hours just to do those three things :rolleyes::eek:
Yep took an hour and a half for my girls first oil change and tire rotation so I'm not surprised by your time estimate. I am VERY lucky to have and dealership that is less than a mile from my house. I could drop the car off at 7 and walk home then head back and be to work by 10ish when I'm ready. Also luckily I work for myself so I can show up late if I need to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts